Sunday, July 31, 2005


We had such a fun Saturday! After braving the mall yesterday morning, we went out to Opryland Hotel last night to see my friend, Lindy. I always forget how overwhelming that place is and how fun! The girls were so excited.

We rode the boat through the Delta, we saw the dancing waters and we got to be a part of the Mardi Gras family night. They had a band and a big dance floor open out in the Delta section. There were living statues, dancers with feathers, kids everywhere and a fantastic live band. The girls were in heaven. (Sheryl was there--she just didn't want to be photographed. Although, she was having a lot of fun cutting a rug on the dance floor with Lindy and the girls.)


Ella was quite taken with the living statues. She thought they were really funny. She would stand there and laugh out loud really hard like it was the most hilarious thing she'd ever seen. Maddie, on the other hand, was not so amused. She was more freaked out by them. Who could blame her?

The climax of the evening came when we revealed to Maddie that Lindy had been in Peter Pan with Cathy Rigby and that, among other roles, she played grown-up Wendy. Maddie almost passed out. Lindy also toured with Cathy in South Pacific. They are good friends now. It was fun hearing stories about her experience. She told us that when they recently went to see Cathy in this latest tour they went back and spent some time with her in the dressing room and Cathy gave her girls some of the magic fairy dust that Peter Pan throws as he flies. She said she almost brought some for Maddie. Maddie would have had to been life-flighted. At several points in the night Maddie leaned over and said something to the effect of, "Daddy, SHE was in Peter Pan!" or, "Daddy, tell her that I like to watch Peter Pan every day! You tell her." Lindy made a friend for life.

Lindy is casting the musical, "BIG" in Arlington next week. It should be a fun show. She's also musical director for "A Christmas Carol" at Dallas Theater Center this Christmas. Go check out those shows if you're in the Metroplex.


I couldn't leave Baby Sam out. He had a good weekend too. So cute. So sweet! He enjoyed the music last night too.

Thanks for your prayers for Sheryl and her brother. I know she's anxious to get this over with Tuesday. We go in about 9am. I'll keep you posted--with the approval of Sheryl. :)

This morning our youth minister, David Rubio, is preaching. I know it will be awesome--it always is. David is such a blessing to serve with here.

Tonight we have life group. Tomorrow Sheryl's parents arrive. Seems like there's always something crazy going on. This week I am packing up my office to move upstairs before we move to our new office on the new property. Then there's the Williamson County Fair where we're singing next Sunday. CRAZY! I've just gotten to the point where my favorite thing is being home playing with the girls and Sam. Instead of that being another thing on my plate--that's my respite. I know that can only be God's doing. Thank you, Lord! You are good!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I have a friend that has acted in the DTC "A Chrismas Carol" the past several years. It's a fun show - hopefully I'll get to see it again this year.

Lauren said...

Brandon,
What fun pictures. Sheryl will definitely be in my prayers on Tuesday! I praise God for you and your precious family. Enjoy the craziness and be blessed this week.

Katherine said...

What great pictures!! I will definitely be praying for everything that is going in with Sheryl. May you all be blessed!!

Jacinda said...

I've been thinking about Sheryl today and said a little prayer for her. Hope she is okay.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Thomas,

My name is Joe Cricketstein and I represent the young lady whom you photographed without permission. You know which one I'm talking about Mr. Thomas. Yeah, the one who's dressed in gold and has some junk falling out the trunk. I have been instructed to let you know that if you remove the picture immediately we will not file a lawsuit for unlawful distribution of crack.

Yours truly,
Joe Cricketstein

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Dear Mr. Cricketstain...the sad thing is, I have TOO MANY friends who you could be to determine which one you actually are. Apparently, the junk ain't just in her trunk...it's in your mind too. This is Ron Burgundy...over and out.

rosha said...

i like your blog... nice pict...