Sunday, September 21, 2008

Abide

This morning at Fellowship Bible Church was really awesome. (check out the link page over to the right and watch for podcasts from this morning.) Sheryl and I sat with my mom, Nathan Slingluff, Lauren Gingles, Jeff and Anna Berry, and David Wilkins...some of our favorite people. The worship was awesome as usual and the message was deeply feeding. Jeff Helton talked about the next thought in the series on dangerous ideas. He spoke about God's abiding love. Such an amazing message today.

I want to say out loud on this here bloggy thing...I am so thankful for God's love. Although I have days of doubting it, I know He IS perfect love and cares for me in ways I can never imagine. He cares for you too. Even if you're out there thinking there is no way that what I am saying is true. He does. He cares for you. He wants to know YOU.

I don't have things figured out. But one thing I was convicted of again today is the truth in being called to just rest in the love of God. No matter what anyone tells you...even Christians...God loves you and wants you to know Him. He knows you--all of you (and me) and still loves us. What in the world??? That alone is mind boggling. I hope just hearing this is as encouraging for you as it was for me today. I needed it.

3 comments:

maryann said...

I can never hear this enough!! Thank you, friend.

Anonymous said...

I miss you, Brandon!

Alice

Anonymous said...

Were your ears burnin'? Friday night was Bid Nite and I related the story of the "Kinsmen Kall." Believe it or not the guys still do it.:). Neat to see that you are loving your job. I know you are God's man wherever you go. ICB.
Ed in Abilene