Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving was unbelievable! We went to my mom's house (fun that she now lives here!!) and had some of the best food I've tasted in a while. Kyle Rigsby and Aunt Kiki were there too. We laughed, ate, played cards, watched the girls play and praised God for a wonderful year and for precious friends and family.

Early that morning, around 2:30am, Laura Rathbun's father passed away. Laura is married to Chuck (Sheryl's brother). We've been praying and praying for them. I'm just so sorry it had to happen at this time of year. I know how difficult that can be. Please offer up a prayer on their behalf. Laura's mom's name is Judy.

After Thanksgiving was over, it was time to hit Christmas full swing ahead! We spent all day Thursday and Friday putting up Christmas stuff. The girls were in heaven. I even mustered enough courage to climb back into the loft over our front door to set up the snowmen and lighted trees that the girls love so much. It was a fun couple of days. (We found a really inexpensive little pink tree for the girl's room. They went to sleep last night in a pink glow from the lights. It reminded me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer got face burn from the neon Kenny Rogers' Roaster sign outside.)


While we put the den tree up, Maddie and Ella ran around singing Christmas songs. Sheryl had put their hair up in rollers--that didn't last long. But they were so cute!






Here's Sam with his favorite bear. Thanks to our friend, Charles, who works for Walt Disney for giving Sam this bear. Sam was so smiley all weekend. He loved all the commotion.






How can you resist that sweet smile?? We praise God for you, Samuel Scott Thomas!!


This morning the ZOE and the extended ZOE singers are leading worship. I'm really excited. I always love leading with them. It just feels like wearing your favorite shirt or pair of shoes. It's like home. I can't wait!


Here's our order of worship:

Welcome--Doug Sanders
Family prayer
Meet and greet

Praise and Worship--BST
--Shout Hallelujah
--Sing to the King
--A New Anointing
Prayer of thanksgiving--meditation exercise
--Days of Elijah
--Let Us Be You
--A Living Prayer (Sheryl Thomas)

Teaching--Doug Sanders
--Who Can Satisfy My Soul?
--How Great Thou Art

Supper--Randy Brewer
--Mighty Is The Power of the Cross

Offering
--Great is Thy Faithfulness/ He's Always Been Faithful

Shepherd's Blessing-
--Lord Reign In Me (chorus)


The next few weeks will be a little nuts. It was nice to have a few days at home to play and relax and be refreshed. I pray that you had a great weekend. May God bless you today as you gather in worship.

7 comments:

Kelly Vaughn said...

Our family started Christmas decorations a week ago...it was alot of fun...Tori (7) had a blast trying to teach Timothy (2) all the words to all the Christmas songs...so hysterical. Would love to have a ZOE CHRISTMAS album to really set the mood in our house...how 'bout it?!
-Randy

Beaner said...

"Kenny!!!!"

Please, PLEASE - A Christmas CD would ROCK!!! It's hard to find awesome Christmas music & a ZOE version would be so cool!!! BTW - what are the "must-have" Christmas albums in your collection? Or in anybody's? Personally, I love my Carpenter's Christmas CD!!!

Clarissa said...

Rob wooed me with the Oak Ridge Boys. 'Tis true.

MichaelPolutta said...

My all-time favorite Christmas album is called "An Evening In December" and it is acappella. It is arranged and sung in the style of Manhattan Transfer. The singers were (mostly) a part of the Christian group "First Call". They did a Vol. 2, but it wasn't nearly as good IMHO (arrangements weren't as cool). My 2nd favorite is by Larry Carlton, called "Christmas At My House". Excellent arrangements, excellent playing.

And, I agree - a ZOE Christmas album would be most excellent!

Stephen Bailey said...

Best Christmas song ever that no one has ever heard: "I Gave Santa Sushi for Christmas" by Allen Robertson. Let's just say bad sushi can make for a LONG night for old Kris Kringle.
Thanks for the great pics BST.

SG said...

Zoe Christmas CD? Can we pre-order? (the rumor starts here:)
Great pics. I can't believe Sam is getting so BIG! What a great time this is for you and yours! :)

Anonymous said...

Elvira, Elvira, my heart is on fire for Elvira. Clarissa, I have SO got ya'll's number......

Julie