Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Crazy day. This morning I led worship at Lipscomb University Chapel. It was a better experience than times past. After leading worship at ACU chapel last Friday and leading at DLU today it was an interesting comparison. It's really not apples to apples, but similar enough to consider.

I was blown away at ACU chapel last week. It was deafening...the student body really sang and really seemed engaged. However, it always feels like I'm singing a solo at DLU. Today was better though. It's interesting to be in these settings and see how different chapel can be from school to school.

After DLU I went to Kirkpatrick Elementary. I'm a room parent for a 4th grade class there. It was good to see the kids again. They are hilarious. Today I sat with the boys at lunch. Here they are!



The girls were being a little more high maintenance. None of them really wanted their pictures taken and they were all in a fued of some sort. Girl drama.


After lunch I went with them outside for recess. The recess yard backs up to some of the projects and is separated by only a chain link fence. As we were outside all of a sudden...BANG, BANG, BANG. Yep--gunshots. Toto, we're not in South Nashville anymore. Mr. Adams quickly rounded up the kids and went inside to begin Science. Interestingly, none of them seemed at all shocked or concerned. It was a real reminder of what many of these kids face on a daily basis. Bless them. They are so precious.

Tonight we have rehearsal. Please pray for us. I know it will be a great night. My parents' long time best friends, the Lorenzes, are coming to town tomorrow. We're all so excited! More on that later. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Joel said...

Brandon, that was awfully humble of you to not include how you, after hearing gunshots, ran out and jumped the chain link fence and chased down the gang bangers who were shooting and grabbed them by the shirt and shook them and said, "You must be up out your mind!"

Seriously, I praise God that you are sitting with the boys. Jesus would sit with those boys. In fact, now that I think about it... He is.

I love you Brandon.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yes, having attended both Lipscomb and ACU in the past, I totally agree!! I laughed out loud because I could picture myself in both settings and remember how I felt about chapel at each of those schools...much like you said. Very different experiences to say the least!