Monday, November 14, 2005

Happy birthday today to Chris Doggett (a.k.a. The Pretty One). He is such a brother to me. I have laughed myself hoarse, cried my eyes out, and talked through deep spiritual struggles with him. It's been such a blessing over the last 13 years since ACU graduation to remain so close to my 3 college roommates. I'm so glad God made you, Dog! Happy birthday--you ARE the oldest. 36. Wow. You must really be feeling it.

Yesterday was incredible with Rubio and the youth. Oh my goodness. I wish you could have all been there. It's impossible to describe but they had us in stitches one minute and complete conviction the next. Great job, guys!!

Life group last night consisted of us helping put Geof and Amanda's programs together. It was a lot of fun as we talked about the upcoming week and what profound implications this wedding will have on future generations. I'm so excited for them!

This week (or thereabouts) marks my ten year anniversary at Otter Creek. It's a pretty major thing for me. I don't think I ever would have believed it. It's a cool milestone. I've seen a lot of changes in these 10 years. I plan to blog about that over the coming week.

Meanwhile, today is family day and we're going to see Chicken Little later. I hope your day is great.

5 comments:

Phil said...

10 years. Geez.

I honestly would have given you 5 or less when you first came, either from being run out on a rail or because you'd go into the music business.

I find myself happy that it didn't happen.

btw, no blogging about "white people in the 'hood"?

Joel said...

Congratulations!

How beautiful to know that you have given and received so much from the fatih family at OC over the past decade.

You'll love Chicken Little. The family saw it last night and we loved it!

And finally,

Bailey is much prettier than Dogget. I mean Dogget is second in your house of four with you and fisher fighting it out for last, but Bailey is just at another level of beauty. You should see his new haircut too!

Okay, why am I talking like this #1 and why on the stinkin World Wide Web #2?

Excuse me while I go outside and shoot a dear or kick a kitten or something...

Lovell's Lookout said...

BST- Isn't your Birthday tommorrow?! Happy Birthday bro... I miss you... Rachel has family in Nashville and we are planning a vacation there in a few years...p.s. Let's go in on a spell check for Quile'..Love you man...

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Lovell--
How did you remember that??? And...a few years??? Geez. Talk about long term vacation planning. Please, PLEASE let me know. We want time with you. Love you too. Wish I had been able to see you and steal you to come with me to lake Highlands a couple of weeks ago. It was a real blast from the past.
BST

Val said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BST and Doggett (or as I think of you, Jan Michael Vincent, pre-burnout). By the way, Joel, I thought Chicken Little was a disappointment- especially compared to other Disney work. Am I the only one?