Thursday, October 14, 2004

Thanks for such kind comments yesterday. It's cool to be family through the blog, huh? Reminds me of a good friend who came up to me at the ZOE conference and proudly proclaimed she had been reading my "blob". Trust me, there's enough blob to read these days, but I knew what she meant.

Speaking of blob--I've begun the long road back to working out. UGH. Honestly, I have eaten my weight in great foods this year. It's time to put a stop to it and try to regain some ground in the physical fitness department. Why is it always so hard to go BACK to the gym?

Sheryl and I watched the debates last night. I thought they were pretty good. I agreed with one random woman after the debates were over who said that Kerry's plans sound good but how he can do all of that and pay for it is a mystery to everyone--maybe even him. I cannot tell you how ready I am for this to be over.

My favorite part of the night was when the candidates answered the last question, "What have you learned from the women in your lives?" We all saw both men soften and it seemed like we saw the real men there. They answered with honesty and seemed to let their guard down a bit. I almost expected one of them to say, "You said you learned this, but that wasn't true at all, what you really learned was..." which would have been fitting with the rest of the evening.

Other interesting notes--Bush saying something about Laura's mastery of the Engligh language. I really like that he can make fun of himself. Did he say something like "Laura speaks the English more better than me?"

Another great moment was Kerry talking about how he "married up". He was cracking me up. I thought it was interesting how he chose to talk about his mom over what he's learned from the women in his immediate life. What he said was good, but he might hear about that one later!

I wrote bills today. Can I just say how much I hate that experience? I really hate it. I know it's a part of life, but yuck.

We are getting really excited about our trip to Abilene next week. It will be fun seeing friends and getting to help my mom clean out stuff. I am certain there will be many things to toss. Mom has never had a problem tossing things. Dad and I were usually more of the pack rats. When Mom moved from my childhood home out in the country several years ago (not bitter), I cleaned out the attic. There were check stubs from the 1950s. Hilarious. It will be hard, but I know we'll be tossing or "yard selling" tons of stuff. Think anyone'll want check stubs from the 1950s? Kidding.

Have a great Thursday.

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

Oh, yeah. Brandon the blob. (Puh-leaz!) Hey, when you figure out the easiest way to overcome that "back to the gym" hurdle, feel free to share ...

MichaelPolutta said...

It's great to share sorrows and blessings through this medium.

My keys to weight loss are steady eating throughout the day (fewer large meals/portions) and consistent exercise. Happily for me, I like running. As long as my (now 42-year-old) legs can take it, anyway.

My wife and I are glad there are no more debates. Honestly, my feeling is that if you haven't already made up your mind about which candidate then you're not likely to make a firm decision at all.

I'm the pack rat in my house, much to my wife's chagrin. Have fun deciding what to keep! Safe travels. Michael

Val said...

Let me know if (while you are here) you need a pickup or trailer or moving dollies or anything. I can also offer some short-term storage (a few months or so) if you need it. I know Judy said she was hiring movers, but you may have such a need as you sort things.

Lovell's Lookout said...

BST- DEnnis Jernigan called the other day...It made me think of you. Call me back.. to quote you.. YOU FREAKSHOW... I am finally back blobbing...love you man...