Tuesday, October 12, 2004

It hasn't really been a newsworthy week. We saw plans for the inside of the new building in staff meeting today. They were really cool. It's wild to think that by the time we get in, it might already be too small. I guess God knows how to best lead this process.

We went to the Williamson's tonight and made pizzas. We were going to help them hang pictures but the girls pre-empted us by spreading finger paints all over the carpet upstairs in the play room. Sheryl is there steam cleaning as I write. I brought the girls home to put them in bed. They were ready.

I lead worship at Lipscomb University's chapel tomorrow. I have really enjoyed doing that this semester. It's a completely different experience than the last time I did it several years ago.

I am so ready for this election to be over. If I get one more forwarded email proclaiming to know the inner thoughts of either candidate, I might have to scream. Honestly, I am taking them with a grain of salt now--coming from both sides. Today I got one proclaiming George Bush the anti-Christ. Please. Recently, I read a blog picking apart W's appearance--ears, eyes, etc. The comments were equally critical. I hate what politics does to people. How can we be salt and light in this without using rhetoric, anger, and throwing a spin on everything we say? Please, Lord, soften our hearts and help us listen to You. It seems as if we're spinning ourselves out of control.

I've had weird dreams this week. I won't go into them here, but I typically don't have dreams that I remember--at least not frequently. I'm praying for peace tonight. I've got a lot on my mind. It's good to remember that the Lord invites me to lie down in green pastures and leads me beside still waters.

No comments: