Saturday, October 09, 2004

Sheryl and the girls come home tomorrow. I am really ready. They have had a good time seeing Sheryl's parents and some extended family, but it will be nice having them back.

Watched the debates last night with some friends. "Can someone please answer the question?" That is what I wanted to say almost every 5 minutes. Politics. Geez. I cannot pretend to even know what it would be like to run for President. The pressure. The expectations. The temptation to put a spin on just about everything that's uttered. I thought both men did a pretty good job, considering. But--the skirting, the posturing, the spin--all of those things are part of what makes these elections so hard on everyone. I miss Karen Hughes. I wish she was still on the Bush Administration. However, she made the better choice in going home to be with her family. Enough said. There've been enough cans of worms opened this week. The thought of worms served with creamed corn is enough to make me want to hurl.

Finally, I have someone to recommend to you. Phillip Duncan is in the market for a ministry job. He has been singing with us at Otter Creek for 5 or more years. He has been leading quite a bit over the last 2 years. I love what God has done and is doing in his life. He has a passion for worship and ministry. I have been in the room as he rehearsed the praise team while beginning by preparing them for MINISTRY. There are a lot of people out there who enjoy music and leading, etc. There are far fewer people who really "get" it. Phillip gets it. His heart is in the right place and God is sculpting and molding him into a powerful force for the Kingdom--not just the church as we know it. He and Mary Alice (and baby Jack) have definitely had their share of difficulty over the last year. What it has produced in him is Spiritual fruit. It's so amazing to see God work in peoples' lives right before your eyes. I am not sure if any of you reading know of a worship leading position, but please let me know. While I feel selfish about losing Phillip, it's just gotten to the point where I believe we need him out there serving in this way. He will be a blessing wherever God sends him.

Have a great day--more later on my experience to come this afternoon.

3 comments:

SG said...

Dude~ Karen Hughs has been back full time for six months now. But alas the whole thing looks to be a mess. Worms and creamed corn...
Can't wait to here about your little stroll! Hope HE uses you to touch someone who needs HIM today! Blessings!

JamesG3 said...

Hughes is definitely a shining star on that team. She did make the right choice for herself, I'm sure, but I do wonder what things would have been like had she been there the last few years.

SG said...

Yes I know I meant "hear".