Thursday, November 16, 2006

Yesterday was a very long day. I got home late after rehearsal for "Sanders' Family Christmas" and fell into bed. It was a great rehearsal though!

Today was busy too but full of neat moments. I met my friend Ty from Lion King downtown for lunch. We met Amanda at CMT and walked over to Broadway for some REAL BBQ! Geof met us there. It was nice.

Afterwards I took Ty over to Kirkpatrick Elementary School where I am a room parent for a Kindergarten class (through an Otter Creek outreach program). We took the Lion King program and CD and Ty masterfully held them in the palm of his hands. Those kids were so cute hanging on his every word and watching such a positive role model. It was a precious scene.

Tonight before his show Ty joined us for dinner. Maddie made sure she sat right next to him. (Maddie also drew a family portrait today. Ty was made an official family member...but somehow Ella was left out. She claims it was because she "ran out of room". mmm hmm.)

God is good. He shows Himself in so many ways...in the innocence of a child, in the development of new friendships, in an email from a long lost friend, through extending and receiving forgiveness, through a haunting melody, or in the silence of a rainy day moment. He is good.

Here are some pictures of Ty and Jennifer Ward's lovely Kindergarten class at Kirkpatrick.







4 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Great pictures. I wonder if those kids will ever know how blessed they are.

Stephen Bailey said...

Just got home from a lunch of ribs at Angelo's in Fort Worth, Texas. BEEF RIBS. Pigs are cute and pulled pork is nice, but you can't beat Angelo's ribs. I side with the real cowboys and ranchers. Justin, you and Mr. Freese can wallow with the pig farmers.

Beaner said...

After Jesus rose from the dead, He was seen eating fish (in the morning, no less!) I'm guessing it was Carp-Beque (although I would spell it differently!)

Allen, Sarah, and Luke said...

Just be glad you guys live where people rightly call BBQ what is actually BBQ. Out here in CA, people say, we're having a BBQ, when all they are doing is cooking hot dogs and hamburgers. I have to tell them that is a "cookout" or "grilling", since there is no REAL BBQ in site. While I will argue that Memphis is real BBQ, I had to learn that in TX you eat the brisket and in Central CA you eat the Tri-tip.