Sunday, November 05, 2006

I had a wonderful weekend in TX. I got to lead worship at ACU, enjoy dreaming with highly creative minds and encourage students in their pursuit to enter the world of the arts. ACU Film Fest encourages students in screen writing, production, art and sound design, original score, and acting. It's one more way they are trying to train students to make a difference in the world.


Thursday night Stephen and I went over to see Brad Voss and his family. It was great to have some time to talk. Every time Stephen, Voss and I have gotten together the conversations go deep and the fellowship is incredible. Love those guys!


On Friday I led worship in chapel at ACU. I asked some old friends to join me in leading worship. (L-R) BST, Kellie Miller, Stephen Bailey, Kristin Ward, and Val Durrington. All of us but Kellie were Sing Song hosts together a hundred years ago. Kellie had been a host several years before us and then sang in groups with all of us. It was fun singing together again. It was also great to be at chapel and see students worshiping. I loved getting to see Ashley Henderson, James Woodroof, Bo Mechinus and other students out there.



Friday night was the premier of the top films for Film Fest. It was a cool night at the historic Paramount theater. It was fun judging this year. The films were so impressive!
(L-R) Matt Maxwell, BST, Randy Brewer. Matt was the chairman of Film Fest. He's got more talent than you can shake a stick at. Randy and I have been great friends for years. He and his family live in Nashville too. Randy produces music videos. He just won an award for Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take the Wheel".



Saturday after the judges' symposium we drove back to Dallas and I got to spend some time with my cousins. They've always been more like siblings to me. I had some good one on one time with each of them. Pictured L-R... Mary, Josh, BST and Jeremy. It was good to be with family.

This morning I went to church at The Heights in Plano. Jeff Berry leads worship there. It was great to be there in his place and experience that vibrant church. After arriving back in Nashville tonight, I got home just in time for life group--again it was good to be with family. It was even better to get hugs and kisses from Sheryl, Maddie, Ella, and Sam!

Have a great week, blog family!

5 comments:

Jacinda said...

One of the important questions though is did you eat at Joe Allens?!?!?!!

Generous Kitchen said...

I have no pics of my girl dressed up for FilmFest...Did you get a pic of her? She had a blast and loved seeing you!

Hoots Musings said...

My son had an entry, but it did not place. I had to wake him up Saturday at 4:00 p.m., must have been one fabulous night on Friday.

Jeremiah said...

It was great to see you and get to worship with you Friday morning. Glad you had a great time in A-Town.

Colter & Elizabeth Lewis said...

Always love to read what's up with you Brandon. Great to see pics of you, Kellie, Steven, et al...Randy Brewer was my RA, who'd of thunk it? What talent!

Your posts always have a way of making me nostalgic!