Tuesday, November 14, 2006


Happy birthday today to one of my long time best friends, Chris Doggett. (Pictured here with his gorgeous daughter, Taylor, who decided to be born on our wedding day 8 years ago!)

Chris was one of the 3 guys I lived with at ACU (you've read a lot about those guys if you read my blog.) Chris was always the most studious. He was always the more GQ. He kept us in stitches laughing about Po-Folks and their horrible service, Oprah and why she was always wrong, and how to contort one's body in unnatural ways. I have been blessed beyond any words over the last 18 years of our friendship. I love sharing birthdays in such close proximity. And, I love to remind him that he'll always be the oldest of the 4 of us.

Happy birthday, Dog. You are such a blessing! Your heart for Jesus has kept me going in ways you may never know. I love you and thank God for creating so many, many, MANY years ago.

1 comment:

Stephen Bailey said...

What I love about Dog is his curiosity. He asks a lot of questions and that has led to major Spiritual growth. The Spiritually immature are not the ones asking the questions, they are the ones who think they have all the answers.

As we celebrate another year of his life I'm reminded that you can teach an old Dog new tricks! Rock me!