Friday, November 10, 2006

Age is a funny thing. Age and maturity don't always go hand in hand. I've known young people who've exhibited maturity far beyond their years and I've witnessed 50+ people act like children in conflict. Many kids want to be older than they are. Many adults want to be younger than they are. Age...after a certain point it's all relative.

Last night we spent time with some dear friends who hadn't even graduated High School when Sheryl and I got married. But, that 12 year age difference seems like nothing today. Eric and Sallie Miller have blessed our lives in many ways. Sallie and Sheryl are in Bunko together and she sings on the praise team. Eric and I have become great friends over the last couple of years. He's a huge source of encouragement and accountability for me. Last night we sat and laughed for a couple of hours at Chili's. They are a true support for both of us.

Friendship is a sweet gift! It's a gift of mercy from the Lord. This morning Maddie asked me what "mercy" meant. I told her it was a gift from God and that to be merciful means to extend grace and forgiveness. She said, "Ohhhh, yeah. Well, 5 year olds can really do that but 3 and 4 year olds have to really think about it." HA! I told her that everyone has to think about it and that even Mommies and Daddies don't always do it.

Mercy, friendship, family...several of the things I'm grateful for today.

2 comments:

paul said...

Amen brother! Friendship is a great blessing from the Lord! Family is the best!

Drew Battistelli said...

Thanks for joining the Jeff Walling Fan Club...