Monday, November 27, 2006

Yesterday was one of those days where it seemed all things converged into this amazing 24 hours of beauty. Worship was absolutely moving. It's one of those things no person can orchestrate. The Spirit was moving!

Afterwards, we had an afternoon of putting up Christmas decorations. The sparkle in my kids' eyes made it such a special day. As I was putting garland around the front door I had this weird epiphany of where I am in life. Sometimes it's hard to believe that I have kids. Sometimes it seems like I should be outside our home in the country in Texas helping my father put lights around the banisters. I missed him yesterday, but also thanked God for these 3 beautiful children who are allowing me to experience the magic of the season all over again.

Last night we had a great life group meeting. Sheryl made turkey enchiladas (left over turkey) that were out of this world good! It was a great night.

Then, putting an exclamation point on the day, I had a very cool conversation with a friend about life/creative stuff/family/etc. It was very energizing.

I keep thinking how God brings things around full circle--sometimes in ways we would not expect. There are a lot of stories in the Old Testament that have those kinds of plot twists. Moses--raised in Egypt, called back to Egypt. Joseph-- cast out by his brothers only to find himself in a position to bless them later. I love how God weaves people and experiences into our lives. I find it entirely exciting and mysterious. Life with Him is anything but boring! Can you see ways He's doing that for you?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'd love to get that recipe!