Sunday, November 12, 2006

Yesterday I took Maddie and Ella to see the Griffith/Meador production of songs from Fiddler, Music Man, and Oklahoma. These kids were simply amazing. I was completely blown away. It's not a secret that the Griffith and Meador kids are all gifted beyond anything natural...but everyone in the group did a great job! Maddie and Ella loved every minute! I would love to get them involved in something like that. They came right home afterwards and dressed up and did their own "show". Here's Ella's version of "The Lion King"!



Last night I spent time with the guys in our life group. We hung out at Geof and Amanda's and Amanda made some slammin dinner! It was an awesome night. After I left I got a call from my friend in Lion King and I met him for a late dinner after the show. We had an awesome discussion about Romans, grace, life, and God. Though I got in really late, I still feel energized today after our discussion.

This morning was great...the only down side was thinking about that dumb anonymous letter. I really wanted to confront it publicly, but decided that I didn't want to hi-jack the service. Sheryl had a hectic morning too...the kids are all sinus-y and she's not feeling great either. She said it was difficult getting there today and she knew she'd be late and all she could think about was that ridiculous letter and how judgmental it was. It made me angry to think that something like that can have such lingering effects. It's also interesting to consider how that letter came during a week where God seems to be giving me some new dreams and thoughts about ministry and Kingdom. Hmmmmm...interesting timing, huh? Satan loves to be a wet blanket. And while discouragement is strong, the Holy Spirit and the faithfulness of God are much, much stronger!!

5 comments:

paul said...

Worship was great this morning. I really enjoyed visiting the Creek! I appreciate all the prayer and preparation you put into leading worship. It makes it more meaningful for the rest of us.

Dana said...

I am so sorry that thoughtless comments by a bitter annonymous person is mucking up your spirit. You are one of the most selfless, spiritual people I have had the honor of worshipping with. You have so much joy and have such a connection with the Spirit that it isn't surprising that others are jealous. It's just too bad people have to take those kinds of things out on you rather than using all that wasted energy discovering their own gifts and using them just as you do. Hang in there, Brandon and tell Sheryl to let it roll off her back. This person is obviously not a parent of small children either! God bless you and your precious family.
So many of us out here love you dearly and wish you only the very best that God can shower down upon you. God bless your sweet family.

MDM said...

Don't even know you, but that letter has been on my mind alot too lately. Your dedication and devotion to ministry amazes and inspires me to put myself out there more and use my talents be them ever so humble. Wish Zoe could make it out to Phoenix sometime. Have a fabulous week and don't let satan "blow it out!"

Shane Coffman said...

What a cute lioness. Hear her roar!

Keith Brenton said...

Just a word of encouragement: Let that letter pass from your consciousness like the memory of the slightest fart of the tiniest mouse, for that is all the significance and value that it has.

Had there been a mote of truth to it, your critic would have sought you out in love, face-to-face, in the spirit of Matthew 18.