Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A couple of nights ago we took our parents, Maddie and Ella, and our friends, Kyle and Katey to see "The Lion Sings Tonight". It was a benefit concert for Nashville Cares done by the cast of the Lion King tour. Our friend, Ty, had a couple of songs he wrote in the show and we went to support him.

It was quite the eclectic night. Let's just put it this way...some of the women from the cast performed "The Cell Block Tango" from the musical "Chicago". I wanted to crawl under my chair...or at least away from my in-laws who were seated next to me. At one point during the number Maddie leaned over and said, "Who ARE these people??? This was NOT in the Lion King!"

There were some amazing moments in the show. The girls loved it all but Ella's favorite part was when the kid who plays Young Simba did a number from The Tap Dance Kid. It was pretty awesome! I think in total around $13,000 was raised to benefit Nashville Cares.

Wait...do you smell it??? (I can't. My nose is stopped up!) It's the smell of turkey and dressing being laid out and readied. YUM! I can't wait! My mom's orange salad and hashbrowned casserole, Sheryl's sweet potatoes, and more!

1 comment:

believingthomas said...

you worry me when you start a paragraph with "Wait...do you smell it???"