Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm in car hell. Literally. One morning last week my trusty old '98 Blazer with 122,000 miles wouldn't start. I called Doug Sanders and he came and jumped it for me. I drove her to my AWESOME car mechanic (Nashville residents, ask me about this place) who changed the battery for me. Once they did, however, it appeared that something got fried in the jump start. The temperature thingy (this is why I don't work on cars) is all messed up. As a result, the air conditioner doesn't work.

The guys at the garage worked on it for 2 1/2 days. TWO AND A HALF DAYS! I was thinking the labor costs alone was going to kill me. They called and said that after they called GM, ordered parts and tried everything they couldn't figure it out. So, yesterday I picked it up and they charged me...nothing. YEA! They are awesome!

So, the thing is, the air conditioner is broken yet blows air...air that can't be turned off...air that blows out the top and on my feet...air that is somewhere around 500 degrees. I drove to work at 8am this morning and in the 10 minutes it took me to get there I ended up looking like a cat that had fallen into a swimming pool. Nasty. Car hell.

Praise GOD for the Pearmans at Otter Creek who are loaning me their Dodge truck. I am cruisin around in a king cab, baby! Hallelujah and praise the Lord for air conditioning!!!!!!!

---------------------------------

At my Samson group last night the discussion topic was "honesty". More on that later this week. It was an amazing discussion...one that has stuck with me and given me food for thought today.

Have a great night, friends!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You are right -- that is as close as I ever want to get to car hell. Yuck. What a lovely time of year for your car to blow 500* air on you.

But 2 and 1/2 days and charged you NOTHING -- you truly can't beat that. Soon I am going to write an "Ode to My Mechanic" on my blog b/c our family loves him so very dearly. Priceless, those valuable mechanics.

Jacinda said...

Chris drives a truck that doesn't have a working heater or air conditioner. He knows how you feel about car hell. He doesn't like living there very much!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

My van did a similar thing after the mechanics worked on the dash of the car. It was blowing hot air out of the vents, turned out they had not reconnected the A/C hoses and the hot air from the engine was blowing into the van. You might take it back and tell them to check that out because hot air should not be blowing into your car. Even if they are nice guys and did not charge you anything, it should not be worst now than it was when you left it with them! Blessings!

Christy said...

Poor Brandon--I hope it gets better soon b/c I don't think the heat wave wil;l. When are you guys coming over?!?!?