Tuesday, August 08, 2006


(Look real close)

OK, please don't throw stones at me, but I LOVE ME SOME RICKY BOBBY! Some guys from life group and I went last night. It could quite possibly be the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. I laughed until I hurt. Absolutely hilarious.

I needed the laugh. My cousin, Deana, was in a bad motorcycle accident over the weekend. She was life flighted and is in critical condition. She had surgery today and they are hoping to save her foot. She broke both legs and has severe head trauma. Please lift her up. I'll keep you posted.

Last night at Samson we talked about "responsibility". It brought up some quirky feelings in me. Some that I'm still processing. I have this love/ hate relationship with responsibility. I was actually named "Most Dependable" in my High School year book...please save the jokes (I was also named best dressed, but at Wylie in those days that wasn't too hard to manage.) After losing my dad I felt a lot of self imposed responsibility. It did weird things to me. Not all bad. We're all responsible to live up to our calling as children of God. Perhaps my struggles with it come from knowing how desperately far I am from deserving that title? Whatever the case, it's one more reminder that I am a work-in-progress.

Then...to end a weird day of extreme emotions, I ate most of a pack of chewy Spree. 75% of them were red and purple. Gotta love it!!! What can I say? There's joy in the small things!

8 comments:

Drew Battistelli said...

I think those of us who come from Texan families or Southern families will definitley enjoy Ricky Bobby much more.

My favorite scence is his explanation to his father-in-law as to why he likes to pray to Jesus as a baby. HAHA!

Beaner said...

I love Will Ferrell!!! I still laugh until I cry at 'Old School' & 'Elf'! I WILL be seeing 'Ricky Bobby' even though I hate NASCAR (maybe that will make it even funnier to me.)

I have a fear of motorcycles....I'll be praying for your cousin.

So what you're saying is that I'm responsible for my own responsibility???

I would be loving the red & purple Sprees too....they're also the best Skittles flavors too! I love the joy in little stuff like that - it's the inner child coming out!

Unknown said...

This movie made me laugh so hard my face hurt. It is a must see. And I'm sorry for the poor kid who can't stand to watch men kiss. I guess he shouldn't read the Bible (Peter and Paul havin' that kiss o' peace). :)

Karen said...

"Shake and Bake!" I felt like I was living in NW Florida again...

Oh and "I'm jacked up on Mt. Dew!"

Phil said...

Very Funny movie. Magic Man and El Diablo...

Stephen Bailey said...

Love the picture! Have not seen the film yet, but it's on my list.

Still praying for Deana.

MichaelPolutta said...

Red and purple Spree are the BEST! It isn't even CLOSE! (distantly followed by, in order, orange, yellow, green) And Spree's got it all over SweetTarts.

I'm gonna have to set up a guys-night-out for Talladega Nights. I just can't imagine my wife paying 5 cents to see it, let alone making a date of it!

Katherine said...

Oh my word, we saw it last night and I laughed like a hyena!! I think that being an avid NASCAR fan added to the experience-although I did notice some discrepancies! ;)

I will definitely be praying for Deana and family-please keep us posted.

BTW, I think we are all works in progress!! :) Blessings~