Thursday, August 24, 2006


Love this pic of Sam!


Phil Keaggy. Brilliant, humble, genuine, freakishly gifted. Note to self, when Phil Keaggy asks if he can bring some “friends”, ALWAYS say yes. Turns out his 2 buddies were the guys who made up the group Glass Harp back in the early 70s. That was the group that really put Phil on the map. Daniel and John played and sang with Phil as they had done 30 years ago when they were filling concert halls. The blend was awesome. The music they made was absolutely incredible. At one point as Phil played his 1970 electric guitar, I thought his fingers were going to catch on fire. Simply amazing! I have never enjoyed Phil as much as I did last night. I told him afterwards that it was so fun to watch him make music with buddies. (He and John have been friends since the 8th grade.) It was fun visiting with him. There’s just something about that guy’s heart—simply spectacular. So hard to believe they are empty nesters now. I really enjoyed the night. THANK YOU, PHIL!!!

I’m sitting at Williamson Medical Center waiting as my mom has cataract surgery. She’s a trooper. It’s hard to see your parents age. Though her mind continues to sharpen in wisdom and Godliness, her body continues to challenge her. Sometimes that seems backwards to me. But, it seems the Creator knows what He’s doing. (Mom came through GREAT!!! The doctors keep telling her that her blood sugar levels are looking great and she's really doing well. YEA MOM!)

ZOE is coming!! The conference is shaping up. Can’t wait to see those of you coming! I am really excited about my long time best friend and brother, Stephen Bailey, leading a track this year on Saturday. I’ve thought for a long time that one of the biggest missing elements is a track for ministers who are leading start-up ministries. There are unique struggles, unique blessings. Stephen came out of the film industry as part owner in a highly successful special effects company to lead worship at a church in the DFW metroplex. His gifts are perfectly suited for ministry to churches of any size, but his experience in starting the ministry at Lake Cities gives him a voice to those who are wrestling with how to start a ministry from scratch. I couldn’t be more excited about him joining us this year for our series of conferences. He and Joel Quile (the pulpit minister with Stephen) will both be at the conference. Joel will be doing a class on interpretive dance. (um, that’s sarcasm in case you missed it. Ha—can you imagine? Go Quile, go Quile, go Quile…)

Here are a couple of pictures from Lauren’s birthday party last week…


our friend, Lauren with Maddie



Kyle, Ella and some freak.

6 comments:

Donna G said...

Ella looks real impressed!

Jenni said...

Glad to hear your mom's doing well after her surgery.....I'm getting really excited for Zoe! See you in a few weeks.....

Craig said...

Sweater Boy!

Stacey said...

That picture of Sam is just precious. You two just look so happy there.

Stephen Bailey said...

I'm loaning Quile my flesh toned body stocking for his dance class. You won't want to miss that! But, if it's cool in October, can I borrow a sweater from you?

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Do you REALLY wanna go there, sweater vest boy? Seems to me the early 1990's saw you wearing quite a few of them. MMM-HMMM.