Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Quick update...

First, thank you to all who wished me well after my, um, unfortunate "accident" shall we say. Wow.

Second, we told our life group about one of the families we met last Saturday (no fridge, stove, microwave, air conditioning, etc). That NIGHT after life group people kept coming back over delivering stuff. We ended up with a window unit air conditioner, clothes, shoes, bedding, towels, bags and bags of groceries, a toaster oven, a microwave, school supplies, laundry detergent and quarters, etc. It was SO COOL to see people respond...and not just respond at some point, but IMMEDIATELY respond. John Sandella, Travis, Lea Brown, Sheryl and others left for the grocery after group. Amanda and Geof headed home and came back with a huge bin of stuff. It was almost like Christmas!!

Sheryl, Travis and Doug went over yesterday afternoon to install the air conditioner and deliver the other stuff. It was a neat day.

Third, another hilarious moment with Cindy Craig. That girl makes me laugh hard. She was on praise team Sunday morning and was witness to a funny moment. At the end of services I stood during the final prayer (the team was seated on stage and usually their cue to stand or sit or whatever is given by me). I stood and held my hands down and back motioning in a way that I thought might suggest...don't stand. Well, Tracy Dean was seated next to me and the other soprano for the day. I guess she thought the motion meant...let's hold hands. HA!!! She reached out and took my hand. I heard Cindy snicker and that was it. Why do I love crazy moments like that so much?

Life, family, this journey...all full of awesome moments. Sometimes we take ourselves way too seriously. We should never forget how to laugh!

5 comments:

Clarissa said...

Alas ... someone who has forgotten how to laugh.

julie said...

Brandon, I agree with you...I love those kind of moments and sometimes have a hard time not laughing at inappropriate moments or stopping once I have started. I love that you love those kind of crazy moments.

Beaner said...

Phug - "no one cares"? I disagree. God cares - I think He enjoys a little bit of fun during Worship to Him. Others said they have cared. I care - I enjoy Brandon's tales of goofiness in church - I don't think we have to take ourselves so seriously all the time. I think what you meant to say was that YOU don't care.

Stephen Bailey said...

Phug left me speechless, but then sweet Clarissa summed it up so succinctly.

It sounds to me like Phug cares a great deal or why post the comment? I was anxious to read Phug's blog to get a better feel for who he/she is, but found no blog to read. I'm disappointed to say the least.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Dearest Phug...
Seems to me if I were "self absorbed"...it wouldn't be funny.

You're right though about screw-ups not mattering. I whole-heartedly agree about that. This wasn't a screw up...it was a fun misunderstanding.

If you knew me at all or talked to me at all you'd see that I am anti what you refer to as "performance". If you're actually interested in having a discussion about it versus posting some dumb comment on my blog, please call or email me.