Thursday, August 10, 2006

Willow Creek Leadership Summit today at the People's Church in Franklin. Should be a great day.

We had praise team auditions last night. That's always an important night, somewhat stressful, but I'm convinced it's the right way to go. It affords me an opportunity to spell out the vision of the worship ministry and stress the importance of gifting and heart. Basically, just because someone can sing doesn't mean they should be leading worship (on praise team). We're really looking for men and women who have a passion for worship and leading worship.

The girls have their first ever dance recital today. There will be another one Sunday night at New Song Church in Franklin. I'll try and post pics tomorrow. I can't wait to see it!!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

We're coming on Sunday...can't wait to see Maddie, Ella and Caitlyn all dolled up. Who cares if they actually dance or not:)

Val said...

I would love to observe that process. I would not, however, be brave enough to audition.

Kelley said...

The family at 7 Mile Post Road Church are eagerly awaiting our praise and worship time with you guys on Saturday night. We are expecting visitors from at least 6 counties in Alabama!

Kelley said...

Just want to say a big thanks to you and the rest of the team who lead our worship last night. I was so moved! You were part of my "singing at the feet of Jesus" experience Saturday night and I deeply thank you.
Also, enjoyed the time just chatting. Click over to my blog to see the "lovely" pictures we took! Enjoy!