Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What fun we had last night sparring back and forth about Camp Ch-Yo-Ca. That was truly a surprise conversation. Great to find all you guys out there again. It's funny, most of my memories of Camp are from Camp Blue Haven in New Mexico where we went every summer except for the summer we went to Ch-Yo-Ca. However, what I DO remember about Ch-Yo-Ca are the people. That story about Daniel Garcia made me laugh hard. I remember that.

Sheryl returns tonight. In our house that's better than a new Star Wars movie. The girls have just done SO well. I can't get over how great they've been. They are really ready to see Mommy though. It's been since Saturday!


On Sunday Maddie went to Emma Ballard's birthday party. She kept telling me she was supposed to come dressed as a princess...riiiiiight. Well, turns out she was right. Thankfully, I had thrown a dress in the car just in case. Whew!


This is a picture I took from our front porch this morning. I walked out and it was such a beautiful day and the trees in our front yard were blooming. It gave me this Spring euphoria.

All things being new and getting revived in Spring is such a great thought. I am on that same road. I'm about to take some time to make that a focused journey, but already, I'm feeling the positive affects. Also, I've shared some about my journey to getting back in shape. As of this week I have lost 30 lbs! Some sweet soul yesterday told me that she didn't know I had 30 lbs to loose. Well, apparently I did. However, in the same afternoon, a young child at our church reminded me that I was indeed NOT skinny. Thanks for that. My secret has been eating half a peanut butter sandwich at lunch and going to a spin class at least twice a week. I also have enjoyed lifting with my buddy, Eric. So, here's to having to buy new pants! Yee-haww!

I hope you all have a great Wednesday. We begin rehearsals tonight for our special Easter Celebration. (we're taking it down a couple of notches this year in stress.) Sunday night, April 16th, we'll have the "choir" and the band and we'll rock out in the sanctuary. There are lots of great events that weekend. Friday night we'll be showing Mel's "The Passion of the Christ". Sunday morning, ZOE and Fauxy (LOVE that Philip Henry term) are leading worship and we have some great things planned. Hope you can join us!

4 comments:

julie said...

Brandon, I will join in spirit.
Yay! for the weight loss. I am going to start on that journey myself starting this Monday. Some health issues have cropped up that I think needed to crop up to send me a message. I am proud of you for sticking with it...that is the hardest part.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Arlene--
Ha! Trouble is, I used to be that person and then my body stopped being able to do that. RATS!

Anonymous said...

Brandon, I did not notice that you needed to lose weight, but when I read about it in your blog, I then remembered thinking that you looked so good on stage last Sunday. I could not pin point it, but you just looked good. NOW, saying that makes it sound like you did not look good before.........that is the dilemma in making a comment like this....that is not true, but for sure you just looked really good on Sunday, and that is all I can say!!!
love
ginger

Stephen Bailey said...

About 106 one liners about the weight loss went through my mind, but I will refrain because I really am so proud of you for that. It is a HUGE accomplishment! Not as huge as you were a few weeks ago, but huge nonetheless...I'm sorry.
Truth is, you are in vastly better shape than me. I need to follow your spinning peanut butter plan and work myself into some new pants too. Or maybe I'll just buy some new pants.