Sunday, March 12, 2006

I returned last night from Chicago where I spent a couple of days at Willow Creek. Thanks to Jeff Berryman, who apparently is THE man to know, I got to see and be a part of a lot of neat things. I got to sit in on some "pre-production" meetings, visit with the head of their drama dept (Steve) and take a guided tour of the facility with Steve. It's amazing. They have 18,000 people each weekend. Goodness. It's overwhelming. Their sanctuary seats 7000.

The meeting was truly fascinating. There is a team of people who rotate taking the creative lead for two months...they are all on staff. At this meeting, they were trying to figure out how to "fly" the Ferris wheel seat they were using for a drama this weekend. Just the sheer technical requirements for such a place are overwhelming.

It was a good morning at OC today. I'm loving being in the new sanctuary. Tonight is Baby Blessing. Sam will be one of the millions of babies up there. He looks cute in his outfit.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

Drew Battistelli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Drew Battistelli said...

So, WillowCreek has it harder than OtterCreek... Obviously a creek near trees is harder to care for than creeks with animals in it.

My God Reigns, A New Anointing, Sing to the King- EXPECTING to see those at Tulsa. Oh, I'm quite excited about Friday Night. God's gonna do awesome things!

Anonymous said...

Willow Creek is very impressive. I stop by there sometimes to look through their bookstore. They do all of that with no debt, at least that is what I'm told.

Kelly M.
St. Charles, IL