Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I wish I really had the time to post like I want to. I'll just have to settle for some bullet points from events over the last few days...

*Sunday was incredible--it couldn't have gone better. It was an emotional day of celebration for our entire Otter Creek Family. We had almost a packed house! Everything went very well. I cannot believe we are here. Seriously.

*Life Group was good Sunday night. More and more that's becoming real church for me. I love those people and love the community we share together.

*Sheryl wasn't feeling well and went to bed early Sunday night. Maddie, Ella and I sat up and watched parts of the Oscars. They got to see Dolly Parton sing. When she began, Maddie started giggling. Then Ella started giggling. I asked Maddie what was funny and she said, "She's kinda funny looking." I laughed and agreed. Then Maddie said, "Is she a clown?" That could be my favorite quote of the night. Nothing Jon Stewart said was even remotely as funny. Having said that...she should have won the Oscar. At least Crash came from behind to capture the Best Picture. Great movie!

*I am trying to get 10 days worth of work done in 2. The work load for planning and executing this Sunday morning thing has quadrupled. It's necessary, but parts of it are troublesome to me. I just don't want to lose sight of the other stuff in ministry that has always been important--especially when it comes to people time.

Hope you all have a great week! God is good, I know that for sure!

6 comments:

Jordan Bunch said...

I laughed out loud when I heard your daughter called Dolly Parton a clown. She might be right. She sure does look funny. Good luck getting all that stuff done, sounds like your gonna be pretty busy. Ive been pretty busy too with school and getting ready to lead worship last sunday at southern hills and leading worship at chapel this coming friday. Yalls building looks awesome. Im sure your really gonna enjoy it. talk to you soon

Anonymous said...

It sounds to me from your last few post that you need something the business world calls an "assistant". What do think? Assistant Worship Minister sounds like a title Otter Creek could add to the list and what worship leader wouldn't want to apply for that position?! Thanks for all you do. We love you. Blessings.
(I enjoy your blog on a regular occasion BTW)

Anonymous said...

Total thumbs down on Jon Stewart as host. WHY is it so hard to find a host who can even do a relatively entertaining job? I think they should just stop trying to be funny all together and let us enjoy the show!

Except that might leave more room for looooong acceptance speeches. Hmmmm....

Jennifer said...

Are you telling me you don't think "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" should've won for best original song? It was obviously head and shoulders above the rest.

Rrrright.

Dwiggy444 said...

- I thought that Jon Stewart did a very good job in a pretty horrible situation - how many gay cowboy jokes can YOU tell in 3 hours? I particularly liked the fake "Oscar campaign" videos and his reaction to the Best Song win for "It's Hard Out Here..." ("I think it's going to start getting a whole lot easier out here for a pimp!")

and speaking of the Best Song category...

- "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" was actually a pretty good song in the movie. The title hook, sung by the woman, is very catchy, and the rap section of the song is pretty cool too. But most of us probably couldn't recognize all of this Oscar-worthiness in the live performance of the song, which was almost completely unintelligible and overshadowed by the ridiculous pantomiming and "acting" going on during the performance. Ick.

and last but not least...

- Dolly Parton IS a clown. But seriously...the movie in which her song appears is all about transvestites and I was TOTALLY convinced that the person singing that song was a MALE Dolly Parton impersonator. How else could you explain the garish costume, the overdone makeup and the shrill, cartoonish voice? :-)

Hm....I hope there aren't too many Dolly fans out there...perhaps I need to duck adn run for cover now?

SG said...

I really wish you had time to post period! BUT I'm glad you are taking a much needed break! So I was wondering, what size is Sam now?