Friday, March 03, 2006

It's been such a crazy week--trying to prepare for Sunday and tie up all the loose ends. It's exciting to see things starting to come together one minute and then the next minute you feel like it will NOT happen. HA! Makes for an exciting week. Where's the Advil?

I really appreciate the concern so many of you are showing me as I travel these roads. Please know that I am really ok. Ultimately, I will be GREAT! I will not allow myself to crash and burn. I am taking steps towards rest and have already released some pretty HUGE things on my plate. It's funny--my nature wants to put my claws back in it, but I know I must stop and rest. I really feel peace about that.

So...Media Shout. Good grief. Could someone make this program easier, please? We are in the process of having to build our library with all the songs and other things. It's not as easy to build as power point. But--I think it will be worth it. I think.

Meanwhile, the sanctuary is NOT ready today. I know it will be, but it's stressing me out to even walk in there. I know Ben Mankin is THE MAN and it will all be completed. But--bless him, I know he has to be a tad stressed too.

Tomorrow we're having a run-through with lights, sound and everything else. We have a cool dramatic reading Sunday thanks to Jeff Berryman who wrote it for me. Jeff used to be a prof at ACU while I was there. Now he's in Seattle doing theater, but also writes scripts for Willow Creek's drama ministry. Thanks, Jeff!!

Here are some pictures of the sanctuary as of 9am this morning. :)





This is a view of the sanctuary from the side door.












Here you can see some of the stage and the construction workers trying to get finished.





This is looking from the back--pews moved and lots of cool machinery. I may be leading worship from a cherry-picker this Sunday.


Somehow it always gets done---but even if it doesn't, God will still be here and we will worship!

9 comments:

Katey said...

Even if it does get finished- will you please lead worship from a cherry-picker?! It would be one of those classic OC moments no one would ever forget. Have fun tonight with the kiddos! :)

Malia said...

It's still purple. Ha! JUST KIDDING!!! :-) I actually really like the color.

RPorche said...

Dude--do we really have to redo all of our slides to put into Media Shout? Ouch. That hurts. I laughed out loud as I read: I think it will be worth it. I think.

Ditto.

Steven J Bruce said...

Down with MediaShout, all hail EasyWorship :) Seriously, both are great program...MS just seems to be a bit more complicated for some. But you can directly import songs formatted properly from CCLI's website in EW! Good luck with the transition. God has richly blessed you! I second the post about leading worship from the cherry-picker. I would love to see a pic of that. Actually, why don't you get the whole Praise Team up there...come on, be unique, live a little.

christine pinson said...

great idea katey! that i would like to see...

we have had you in our thoughts and prayers...thank you for being so transparent and real.

SG said...

I sooo want to see a picture of you leading worship from the cherry picker! Have a blast Sunday in your new home! :)

Anonymous said...

You sound alot better, my friend! I struggled recently with something regarding my five year old son and what is best for him and a friend of mine suggested exactly what you are suggesting about yourself: that God was using the situation to teach me something...I believe that he was teaching me something about myself that I was not willing to confront. As a result, I ended up in a wrestling match, just like Jacob in the book of Genesis. Maybe I was really wrestling with myself and with God's will for my life within my son's life...funny thing is that the blessing has been here all along-If I would only have allowed myself to use the strength that I can draw only from our father.
Sorry about this novella-I really just wanted to say that I am glad that you are getting there...

Eli Perkins said...

I am totally a Media Shout fan! You and your media ministry will be thankful for all the nuances in a few weeks. The background capabilities far surpass Power Point, as well as the ability to use Media Shout to cue a DVD for a movie clip. (no, I do not work for Media Shout, nor am I receiving anything for this comment:). By the way, you could use your old Power Point slides in Media Shout, but they would basically be shown as pictures that you cannot edit. God bless you this Sunday!

Katherine said...

Hey Brandon,

I have been reading your posts (and praying for you) all week, but have just now found time to comment.

God is teaching me a lot about Sabbath and rest right now, too-it is SO important when you are in ministry!! I believe we are ignoring a huge part of God's plan when we do not take time to rest or rejuvenate ourselves. If we are not, then how can we expect to have anything left for anyone else? I have learned (and continue to learn) that the hard way.

Anyway, love you brother-and know that we will walk through this valley or any mountain with you! Peace be with you this weekend-I also think that it would be great if you led worship from a cherry picker!! It would add a whole new dimension to worship!! ;) God bless~