Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I'm having one of those days. I feel like a hamster on a wheel. It's not soon to be over either. Lots of deadlines left today, new Drama Team meeting at 5:30 and then Creative Team meeting at 6:30, church at 7 and tech cue to cue run-through for Sunday at 8:30. In heaven there will be no Wednesdays. It is the longest day of the week.

My good friend Debbie called last night from England. Thanks, Debbie! Debbie taught me piano at an early age and has been a cheerleader and supporter for years. I appreciated your call and encouragement.

I loved me some American Idol last night. Mandeesa...you betta SANG! Oh my goodness. There were some great performances last night. But how about Paula Abdul? Was she quite right? I think she might have gotten in the squirrel juice before the show. Bless.

Busyness is becoming something that really breeds bitterness in me. It's a weird paradox because I usually thrive on it. But, right now, I think it's good to be feeling the way I am. It's definitely time for a change in my relationship with busyness.

4 comments:

SG said...

I thought there was some big thing last year about her being onmedication for some form of MS and that is why she is so out of it.

Having one of those days too.... but not for the same reasons! Hope it gets better! :)

Anonymous said...

An older Christian once told me that BUSY stood for
Being
Under
Satans
Yoke.

CL said...

BST,
I'm with you. Wednesdays are the longest days ever, I usually forget I have a family that day and don't remember until about 9:00pm when their in bed. It just doesn't seem right that doing ministry as a profession and working yourself silly would go together. I like what A.Nony Mous wrote about BUSY. Good point. Hang in there. May God give all of us the ability to break the chains in our lives that Satan uses on us, that aren't neccesarily bad things but still, thanks to him cause us to stumble. Prayers my brother.

Anonymous said...

So true, friend. It is in the busyness that I lose sight of my true purpose---listening to God's voice and call. So hoping this weekend is refreshing for you.
Love and prayers,
MaryAnn