Thursday, March 24, 2005

We had a great rehearsal last night. Really awesome! I cannot believe the level of talent that we have here. But beyond that--the hearts that are coupled with the talent just astound me. Thank you, Lord for reminding me of that blessing last night!

In the midst of the last couple of days I have enjoyed a little internet game that tells you what type of dog you are. Thank you, David Shaub!! Some of the office staff and I have laughed about which dog we are and the description of that dog's personality. I'd LOVE to hear what you are. Turns out I am an English Cocker Spaniel. David England in ZOE found out he's a "Hovawart". Bless him. I think there's a medication for that. Which dog are you? Find out by clicking here. When you get there go to the "game" link to the left.

I am trying to put the finishing touches on Easter this morning. I am excited about Sunday. I think the message of Life really has meaning for us today. When we are in touch at all with our own sin and realize that He traded places with us--it is simply overwhelming. Here's a preview of Sunday:

Call to Worship--The Otter Creek chorus
"Your Grace Still Amazes Me" (with the igniter video "Are You Amazed?")

Welcome--Tim Woodroof
Family Prayer


Praise and Worship--BST--All Hail the Power
--To God Be the Glory
--Were You There? (verses 1,2)
--When I Survey (verses 3 and 2 in that order)
contemplative exercise (writing on a card the things that need to be put to death in us and then visualizing the blood of Christ covering them)

A Matter of Life and Death--Dramatic reading (by Owen Burgess--thanks, Owen!!)
--For All You've Done (O Cleanser of the mess...)
--In Christ Alone (Townend)
--Christ the Lord is Risen Today

"LIFE"--Tim Woodroof
DVD
--All Who Are Thirsty

Lord's Supper
Bread--silence
Cup--Mighty Is The Power of the Cross (Tomlin)
Offering--You Are Holy

Shepherd's Close--Ed Rucker--A New Anointing

I pray that those who are coming this weekend into our buildings will feel the love of Christ overwhelm them. May NO ONE be able to say as they leave, "Did those people really mean what they were saying? They didn't seem to believe it." Let's be the arms of Jesus for those inside and outside our church buildings this week.

Sheryl's sister Gail, her husband Chris (Fajita) and their kids are coming tomorrow. It will be so fun to watch the girls hunt for eggs and laugh with their cousins. Can't wait to see you guys!! We have a full weekend of activities including the Otter Creek Easter egg hunt on Saturday. If I don't get to post, may you have a blessed weekend with family.

Oh--don't forget to tell us what kind of dog you are.

22 comments:

Byron said...

Saint Bernard - at least I get to live in Switzerland. Have a great Easter service.
Byron

MichaelPolutta said...

I'm a Briard. That's a breed I never heard of!

Keith Brenton said...

An Afghan Hound. Man, those beggars even part their blond fur in the middle like me!

That's just scary.

Break a leg, "Matter of Life and Death" players!

Beaner said...

I was an Italian Geyhound, smallest of the greyhound breeds & recently named "most ideal pet". I'm feelin' pretty darn good about myself, even if I'm just a dog!!!!!

Thanks & have a Happy Easter!

Beaner said...

I meant Greyhound!- I forgot the "R" & I don't want any goofy comments on that one!!!!! Please! Note to self: reread before hitting the publish button!!!

Jenni said...

I'm a Field Spaniel. That was an interesting quiz. Much more entertaining and interactive than most. Thanks for sharing!

Donna G said...

I am a Sweedish Vallhund, never heard of it, but one line said I get bored easy.....that shoe may fit.

Katherine said...

I'm a Norwegian Elkhound-somewhat willful in youth...grows up to be an energetic, intelligent, and independent adult...which is good since I will officially be an adult (since adolescence actually ends at 25) on Sunday!! :)

Hope your service is blessed-I'm SO ready for some chocolate cake!!

Corey said...

Man, that service sounds awesome. Fly me to Nashville.

I'm a Chesapeake Bay Retreiver (Ducking Dog). I'm good natured but I have an oily, odiferous coat. Great.

I guess I need a bath.

Mae said...

I am, apparently, a miniature French Poodle. Intelligent, witty and sensitive w/ a long life lasting usually 19 to 20 years.

SG said...

Border Collie... hardworking and intelligent. hates to be left alone. Very good with kids. ??? Maybe!

Anonymous said...

Turns out I'm an ol St Bernard maxin and relaxin in good ol' Switzerland

Anonymous said...

O in addition to the mut I am I'm really anticipating what the Lord is going to do this Sunday at the OC

judy thomas said...

I am a lowchen? ( petit chien lion)
Cute little dog, cute little me, Love Mom

k2 said...

i am a bearded collie. a well liked dog by children.

i do have a goatee, so i guess that works.

i guess we're all going to the dogs. come on, someone had to say it.

julie said...

That was a fun site! I am a Norwegian Buhund...great at herding animals, a favourite in that part of world and very adaptable. (never heard of them) Thanks for a good laugh.
Julie

Clarissa said...

And I, too, am a Bearded Collie. Lovely.

Oh, Justin, come to the egg hunt. Wear pastel plaid knickers with pink suspenders and you'll fit right in. Go on. I dare you.

Hey, Janet, my little family attended Twickenham for a few months back in 1998. Wasn't long before we headed to Nashville, though ...

Brandon -- redid that song. Will bring it whenever you want. Much more singable.

Owen B. said...

I'm a Chesapeake Bay Retriever too, just like Corey. Hmmmm. Are more showers in order?

Owen

believingthomas said...

Well, I am a English Foxhound! I swear, really I swear that I didn't put anything in about looking at other women. And it is illegal in Britian to own me as a pet. Thanks BST I'm feeling confussed about myself now, I allways thought I was a boxer.

Anonymous said...

I'm a Curly Coated Retriever. "... combines a working life well with its role in the family. Makes a good guard." I think that applies.

The part about having an excellent memory is laughable though. Right Clare?

Rob Cox

Clarissa said...

Yes, dear. Why are we conversing on Brandon's blog?!?

Anonymous said...

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. What in the world...?