Thursday, March 17, 2005





Today was Maddie's Spring Program! Each class wore a different color. Maddie's class wore orange, as you can see. She sang,
"Oh I wish I were a little piece of orange--JUICY, JUICY!
Oh I wish I were a little piece of orange--JUICY, JUICY!
I'd go squirty, squirty, squirty on everybody's shirty
Oh I wish I were a little piece of orange--JUICY, JUICY!"

And there was the shameless UT plug as they closed singing "Rocky Top" and chanting "GO BIG ORANGE!" (We've already brainwashed Maddie who goes around cheering, "Go Cats, and A-C-U, Who ya rootin for? A-C-U!"

Sheryl, Ella, my mom (Nonnie) and I were all there to cheer her on. The kids were adorable. Maddie had a blast and actually sang out this time unlike Christmas when she was sick as a dog. Yea, Maddie!

Ella got to go down the hall to the office to see Miss Trina and dig through her candy dish. She was excited to see her, but probably more excited to get the candy.



Rehearsal last night seemed long. I wasn't feeling great--in fact today I feel like I have a cold coming on. Clarissa was awesome in keeping things moving. We decided against "When You Call My Name". Some songs just do not translate. It's sad too, cause that's one of the ones that really says what we need songs to say on this record.

Tim is in Greece this week. Dog. I know he's having a great time. Julie--aren't you missing him? Doug Sanders is preaching Sunday. I know it will be good. I hope you all have a great Thursday. Pray for Jonathan Shaub--and for his family. The longer this goes, the more difficult it is on them. Also, please pray for Scott Owings. Scott is at a monastery this week doing some more training for his Spiritual Direction study. We miss him.

It's lunch time. All that talk about juicy oranges squirting has me hungry. TTFN.

No comments: