Tuesday, March 15, 2005



Isn't that the cutest picture ever?? That sweet little baby (Maddie) is now almost 4 years old. How does it happen so fast? Mercy. I can't believe we're about to have another little one like this. Praise God for his miracle of birth. Amazing.

Ella has been potty training herself. Another mystery. She just decided Sunday that she would start going pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty. Every time she does she gives us this look like, "HA! Look how big I am!!" She's even wearing underwear today (ok--it's really panties, but I don't like that word.) I am so proud of her.

Sheryl and I are having a date night tonight. It's the first one we've had since early February. Maybe even late January. We try to be good about planning them, but with sickness and recording, we've not done so well. We even had to cancel our Valentine's Day date because of illness. We are LONG overdue. I am taking her to The Melting Pot. We went there to celebrate our engagement a little over 7 years ago. It's a cool place that serves fondu.

Please continue to pray for Sheryl. She is only 27 1/2 weeks along which means we still have a ways to go. She needs some relief before then. Her back is really bothering her and impacting her sleep. No sleep = long, hard days.

OK--so, today my theme song is "Crown Him With Many Crowns". I am going in an hour or so to have my crown put on--yes, THAT crown. Finally. Pray for me. Thankfully, Dr. Fletcher is very gentle and does a great job.

Have a great Tuesday, blog family.

7 comments:

Mae said...

I'm so sorry that Sheryl's back is bothering her. I am about 10 weeks behing her in my pregnancy and I've found that sleeping with a pregnancy pillow (designed to help you sleep in your side for good blood flow to the uterus) really helps (it's about 5 feet long and wraps around your body from the top of the belly, around the back, through the legs to the bottom of the belly ~ Target $39). It's definiely taken some getting used to, but that, my heating pad and a good back rub every night are definite pain relievers. I hope she's able to find relief soon!

Thurman8er said...

Brandon, that picture is incredible! Our James turns 4 on Sunday so I know what you mean about time flying.

We'll be praying for Sheryl. If you ever wanted time to truly fly, it's during pregnancy.

Good luck at the dentist. Remember to say NICE things about him in your blog!!!

Steve

SG said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest picture!!! They grow so fast don't they? Praying Sheryl gets some sleep! Tylenol PM saved my sanity during pregnancy! I once read that even if you sit in a rocking chair all day when "growing a baby" inside, your body works like you are climbing a mountain. Don't know if that is true but it made me take is easy... after all I was climbing a mountain. :)

Jenni said...

What a gorgeous baby! Her eyes are just stunning. I know that you are proud of her and Ella and that you will most definitely be proud of little Sam!

Katherine said...

That was my first thought-what gorgeous eyes!! I love hearing (or reading) you talking about your kids-it is just precious. Thanks for sharing little glimpses of their lives with us-I know y'all are anxious for Sam's arrival!

Praying for comfort for Sheryl...hope you two had a great night out tonight! :)

Val said...

BST- When Kendra was pregnant, her doctor told her to take Unisom to help control nausea. The awesome side-effect there is the help in sleeping while still being safe for expectant moms. Perhaps that would help Sheryl sleep. Also, I totally agree with you on the "P" word. I call them underwear, too. That reminds me of how Kyle got in trouble in high school for using a different "P" word. It became a bit of a running joke. A monologue he was doing in a UIL competition included the word "prophylactic" but at a Christian high school that was a bit scandalous. The teacher told Kyle, "It is good, but change the 'P word'." Kyle, however and would not let it go. He pretended not to know which word she meant just to try to make her say it. They went back and forth for days. It drove her nuts. Ahh- Those were the days.

Corey said...

You really need to pay royalties to Glamour Shots for getting to use that picture online. Four Words. Cutest. Kid. Ever. Almost. (I'm biased towards mine).

Praying for you and Sheryl in Abilene!