Monday, March 21, 2005

So...rise and shine and give God the glory glory! Thankfully, I am feeling better this morning. Praise the Lord! Perhaps it was the amazing chicken and noodles my mom made and brought over last night? Perhaps it is from the loving care my wife and girls have given me? Perhaps it's that the Lord heard your prayers and drown my cold in the Red Sea. OK--enough with the Ten commandments movie.

Maddie cracked me up yesterday. She has gotten to where she sings "All Who Are Thirsty" a lot. It's so cute. But yesterday she sang these words... "As beep calls out to beep." Not sure what that means, but she was singing it with gusto.

Sheryl had a 7:00 physical therapy appt. this morning. Bless her. Please keep praying for her back. AND--please pray that none of them caught what I have had.

I feel so much better today. I am thankful! The sun is out and hopefully, I will feel like getting out in the back yard and playing with the girls. Have a great Monday, everyone!

3 comments:

Tony Arnold said...

Brandon, I just have to tell you this about Maddie. Anita and I covered for Paul yesterday in Children's Worship. I asked the class if they knew what was special about today. I got so many wonderful answers: "God loves us today" (my daughter, Maria, says the proud father), "Jesus died for us", "Everyday is special with Jesus", etc.

Maddie was whispering something to our young helper but wouldn't say it out loud, she is sooo humble. What she was saying was Palm Sunday and the first day of Spring! I was looking for first day of Spring. Sooo smart (thank God for Sheryl). The teacher was taught by the young child (worse, the lesson my wife was doing was the Palm Sunday entrance of Christ into Jerusalem. This is the point where I am saying "duh".

The other answers remind me of a joke told by Jim Bill McInteer.

The preacher is filling in for the 1st grade Sunday school. Of course the children are a bit scared. They won't answer or participate. So he asks an easy question: "What is small, furry, lives in trees, and eats nuts?"

No one answers. So he repeats the question, but still no reponse. The preacher says, "Surely one of you know what I am describing!"

Finally one little boy timidly raises his hand and says in a meek voice with a tremor, "I know the answer is Jesus Christ, but it sure sounds like a squirrel to me."

Katherine said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better (and being spoiled rotten!) I do hope Sheryl's back is better soon-that is just never fun and affects everything. It isn't fun by itself-I can't imagine having the pain and being pregnant! Still praying for her...

I love that Spring is upon us and the sun is shining! It always puts me in a much better mood and reminds me how great God is!!

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice! :)

Enjoy your day...

Katherine said...

By the way, I have been listening to "Desperate" and I totally LOVE "So Are You To Me"!! It is often on repeat in my CD player-I don't think I have been able to listen to it just once.

Sheryl does an AMAZING job-what a gift God has given her-please let her know how much it is ministering to me and that God is using her, and I am thankful He has blessed her and that she is using her talents for His glory. Maybe that will make her back feel better! ;)

The whole CD is a blessing-I am just loving it!