Saturday, March 20, 2004

This morning we sat in a conference room high above the Nashville sky line with people who have committed their time and energy over the last 8 years to the ZOE ministry. It was a sweet time of memories and realization of God's movement in our lives. It seems daunting to even pray about what the future might hold for us. We just want to be faithful with what we have been given.

As I looked around that room I thought of people who had impacted my life who I might never have known otherwise. My mind races to names like Joe Smith, Tim Castle, Sandra and Lex Henderson, Eric Noah-Wilson, Greg Taylor, Kip Long, Randy and LaJuana Gill and so many others. I also thought about the true gift it has been for me to work with my long time mentor and friend, Mike Cope.

As we pray and walk boldly into whatever the Lord has for the ZOE ministry in the future, I was reminded of the song we sing, "Be Unto Your Name". The lyric begins...

"We are a moment,
You are forever
Lord of the ages,
God before time."


We are here today and gone tomorrow. The Kingdom of our God will last forever. It certainly gives one perspective. What a joy, what an honor to serve the Ancient of Days! Thank you, Lord, for those who have given so much to make this experience with ZOE possible. May Your name be praised in all we do!

No comments: