Thursday, March 25, 2004

The San Diego weather has been pretty cold until this morning when the sun came out and blessed us! We had a great night last night sharing some of our hard stories of this year in ministry. This morning we took advantage of the sun and sat outside to continue our sharing. It is a blessing to have brothers in your life who understand where you are and aren't afraid to encourage you toward higher things.

I am missing my family a lot. Sheryl says everyone is doing well, but I know it's a hardship for her to be the single parent when I am away like this. Hopefully, in coming weeks she will get her escape!

I don't have time to write the entire story today, but had a great plane ride over here. I sat next to a woman who embodies the post-modern culture. I was reading "A New Kind Of Christian" by Brian McLaren. It sparked some cool conversation between the two of us. In case any of us every wonders if there really is a world out there who doesn't get us--they are alive and well and still questioning. The real issue is whether we will engage them in their questions or leave them to fend for themselves. It takes courage for us and it takes a willingness to stretch our comfort zones. Will we ever get there?

No comments: