Wednesday, March 10, 2004

It's 6:30 on a Wednesday night. I am sitting at my computer trying to ready myself to lead worship tonight after a very long and intense day. Wednesdays tend to be that for me. I met my wife and daughters at O'Charlie's (where kids eat free, thank you very much) and now am back at the church where I feel I have spent way too much time this week.

Tonight in the devotional I hope to draw people's thoughts to the steadfast love of the Lord and how He is sovereign and loving and faithful. That Lamentations passage never gets old to me. "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed" (insert a hallelujah there) " for His compassions never fail--they are NEW every morning!" Unbelieveable! How could that ever truly sink in? I am so--SO--not like that. It makes me immediately want to go to what the psalmist wrote when he said, "what is man that you are mindful of him?" I can't get over the fact that God loves me with such recklessness.

Please, dear Lord, teach me to love, to live, and to minister with that kind of heart. I beg you to instill in me a mercy and grace that is extended to others that somehow renews every day through your Spirit.

No comments: