Saturday, March 13, 2004

"Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea,
A great High Priest whose name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands.
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in heaven He stands,
no tongue can bid me thence depart.
No tongue can bid me thence depart."

These words were written in the early 1800's by Charity Smith. The song is just as powerful today. This morning after Maddie woke up, I asked her if she had sweet dreams last night. She said yes so quickly that it made me curious. I asked her what she had dreamed about. She replied, "Jesus". I asked her what He was doing in her dream and she said that He was praying. It might be a typical childlike response, but it really encouraged me. My daughter's simple words reminded me of the salvation that we wake up to every morning. I am so grateful that we have a High Priest wo knows our name. He is, even now, interceding on our behalf. Hallelujah! What a Savior!

The rest of the story is that she immediately followed this encouraging word by telling me that she wanted to show Jesus the Big Bird picture on her diaper. :)

No comments: