Sunday, March 21, 2004

It's a glorious morning here. The sun is out and the air is crisp. I got my venti cup of Caramel Mochiotto at Starbucks and am sitting here staring at this computer screen waiting for the praise team to arrive for rehearsal. I had an email in my box this morning that disturbed me. It more than disturbed me, it made me angry.

One of the challenges we face in ministry is the need to give from "overflow". There needs to be Spiritual substance in us enough that it overflows on those around us. We have "living water" coursing through our Spiritual veins. However, as ministers, we all experience those times when someone catches us in the hall or right before the worship time begins and we are left to minister through discouragement and frustration. What do we do with ourselves in those times? It's such a temptation for ministers to put on so much armor that we become immune to feeling in order to not experience hurt or disappointment. I don't want to be that kind of person.

This morning, I think about the victory Christ has won and how I get to share in that. I think about His incredible grace for a man like me. I think about His understanding of difficult times and what He went through for me. In light of those things it really helps me think about the problems of today with perspective. I don't deserve any of what He has given to me, but He freely gives. Bless your name, Lord!

No comments: