Saturday, July 07, 2007

Today was Maddie's 6yr old birthday party. She wanted to have a Wizard of Oz party. Sheryl, being the creative overachiever that she is, made it an awesome experience! As the guests arrived, they climbed the yellow brick road stairs and could see the legs of the witch and the ruby slippers coming out of the bottom of the house near the door...



They entered and went under the "rainbow"...following the yellow brick road.



The kids were met by Glenda the good witch...aka: Sheryl the super mom.



While Glenda entertained the kids, the "witch" (aka: Kiki, Kevin and I) hid the gifts. Glenda sent the kids on a journey to find the presents.



When they got to the living room there was a note..."I've taken your presents! And I'll get you, my pretty...and your little dog too!!!"



The kids searched for the witch but only found her hat since she melted. But the hat held goodies...it was the homemade pinata.





Tess Bridgesmith (Lance and Juliet's daughter) and Maddie



Ella, Maddie and Darcy Colvert



Ella and Jack Williamson



My mom read from a gigantic Wizard of Oz picture book. The kids loved it!





Maddie and her birthday cake...made at the last minute when our cake lady got sick.



Blowing out the candles...Ella seems to be really into it.



Uncle Kevin--"Biggie" and Ella



The kids went wild on the trampoline--collective blood sugar about 1,467, 298



Our sweet family and friends--(L-R) Kyle, me, Sheryl, Kiki and Kevin

It was a really fun day--thanks to Sheryl and her party skillzzz. Happy birthday, Maddie!

8 comments:

Jacinda said...

fantastic party that I'm sure any 6 year old little girl would have loved.....I am impressed!

Anne said...

WOW! What fun! And so creative, too! I loved to listen to your mom read to us in Children's Lit Class...she is great! Happy Birthday Maddie!

Lea B said...

Hilarious!!! Seriously, Sheryl should go into business... Love, love, LOVED the "faux braids" on Ella-Belle. Of course it only reminded me of the Halloween a FEW years back, when y'all all came as a mass of Dorothys - were those braids recyclable? Do I know how to spell recyclable...? Give Maddie Gayle a big hug and kiss from me, and tell all three of your kiddos I miss them BUNCHES! Shmee

Sarah said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a FUN party with FUN ideas! That Sheryl... creative genius, I tell ya. AND to have Mrs. Judy Thomas as visiting reader -- what could be better!

Happiest of birthdays, Maddie!

Laura said...

Your wife is Supermom! You've gotta nominate her for some sort of award. Your kids are very lucky to have you two for parents. Happy Birthday Maddie!

Clarissa said...

You have GOT to be KIDDING me. Sheryl Thomas, quit making the rest of us look bad! (You rock!)

Anonymous said...

Do you guys want to adopt 22 year old from Ohio?! All I want is a mom that will throw incredible birthday parties! J/k

Sheryl is so incredibly talented!


(I'm Amy Paden- Jonathan Paden's wife, been reading your blog for a long time now. This is just my first time to leave a comment!)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great party - I am looking to plan a wizard of Oz party for my daughter's upcoming birthday, where on earth did you get that giant book?