Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's been a long 6 or more weeks for Stephen--my best friend and brother. Those of you who read this blog know that weeks ago Stephen lost his nephew Connor in a bad car accident. Sheryl and I have been praying and praying. We've grieved for them and then over the last 3 weeks we've held our breath as we've prayed for Stephanie's health. Stephen and Stephanie have had even more junk to deal with in the last week... read his blog here.

Sometimes God's presence seems elusive. Sometimes his still small voice seems a little too still and small. Sometimes I really relate to David when he wondered where God was. There have been some seasons in my life when I didn't have the strength or faith to put one foot in front of the other. Stephen helped me. He and my other two college roommates and I have really learned what it means to be that cord of 3 (or 4) strands... we are stronger together. When I've not been able to sing, they've sung over me. When I've not been able to pray, they've interceded for me. That is community. THAT is brotherhood.

Will you do me a favor today? Even for some of you who've never met Stephen and Stephanie---will you pray for them? Pray for strength, energy, courage, endurance, peace... I believe that He who is able to do more than we can ask or imagine...according to His power that is at work within us...He will answer. His Word says that he cannot ignore the cries of the broken hearted.

3 comments:

julie said...

Have already been praying...thanks for putting it out there.

Stephen Bailey said...

Thank you for this Brandon.

Julie, thank you for your prayers and your encouragement. It means so much. You have such a sweet heart.

BST, the wedding cannot be described by the written word. It is a full fledged stand-up routine; a performance art piece that can only be fully appreciated live.

Larry James said...

I'll join you in this prayer today, Brandon. God's mercy is my single focus in almost all my prayers these days.