Tuesday, May 08, 2007

So many thoughts swimming in my head from last week in California.

Thoughts like...

-How can one man (Jeff Walling) look so different with one haircut?

-Who do I know today who isn't in relationship with Christ who I could possibly be worshipping with in a few years?

-What would it really be like to adopt a child from Ghana? Could we do it?

-Why does it have to cost so much to live in Malibu??

-Mike Cope and Daryl Tippens words about sorrow becoming joy...still processing.

-How can I help my friends, Lindsey and Peter?

-Can people really experience the fullness of joy without walking through intense sorrow?

-Will my kids be able to grow up into faith in spite of me, in spite of public ministry, and in spite of the messages the world (and sometimes the church) sends on all sides that are in opposition to the gospel?

-What will worship forms look like in 15 years?

-How can we get more Otter Creek people to Pepperdine next year?

-What seeds were planted in people's hearts after hearing Mike speak about his sister-in-law, Pam? What might happen in the lives of those children as a result?

-I'm so grateful for my family and my ZOE family.

-WHY CAN'T NASHVILLE HAVE A CARL'S JR????????

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was trying to decide about going to Honduras this fall... after Mike's lesson I knew there was no way I couldn't go. I was blessed by being there.

Robyn said...

It costs so much to live in Malibu because:
1. You must build your house on the side of a hill.
2. Your house must be strong enough to stay on the side of a hill during an earthquake.
3. You must keep your house from burning down during the fire season.
4. You must keep your home from sliding off the side of the hill during the rainy season.
5. You cannot build your house where a sink hole has already opened up.

Beaner said...

And why does adopting cost SO much money????

annie said...

The wonderful speakers, Zoe!, the magnificent scenery, and all of us who were there seeking to know more about God's plan for us, got a "glimpse" of Heaven, imo. I cannot wait until '08!

Brandon, It was so cool to meet you, Sheryl, & see your darling kids----they're as cute in person as in all the pics(& THANKS for posting the pics from Pepperdine & Malibu---they made me heave a sigh of longing). Your testimony was an encouragement to the rest of us. I pray for your ministry to be even more Spirit-led as you continue in it.

PS Our son Patrick, is real good friends with Taylor, & was in Perth visiting him in mid-April, right before Taylor flew home. He said the work Taylor is doing in Perth is amazing.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Annie---that's so weird! Taylor and I actually talked about Patrick. It's such a small world! Loved meeting you guys!

Wendy Power said...

Amen, Beaner.

Anonymous said...

By the way, Nashville DOES have a "Carl's Jr," it's called HARDEES!! No need to argue, it's the same stinkin' thing. : )

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Lauren, Lauren, Lauren...you are WRONG!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you friend, but this is one time that I am RIGHT!! Just to show you, go to www.carlsjr.com and then to www.hardees.com and THEN tell me if they are not the same! Other than the name, there is no difference. : )

Anonymous said...

Besides, who buys a "Six Doller Burger" from a fast food chain anyway?!?

Tiffany said...

I miss the lectureships so badly. I'm hoping with all my heart to make it back out there next year. I'll see how many OC Singles I can get to come with me. (Hey, it doesn't hurt that I still have friends in the area to stay with!)

(ps - I'm with Lauren on this one. It's the same thing.)

(pps - what we really need is a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.)

Clarissa said...

Well, the websites are certainly identical ... names have been changed to protect ... the wonderful reputation of Hardees? I don't get it. Anything "Jr." should be popular in the south. (I come from whence I speak.)

Amy Boone said...

I was waiting for Robyn to bust out with a rendition of "The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock..." :)

Robyn said...

Amy,

I sing it in the twos class every Sunday.

Kizer said...

Give me Taco Bueno or give me death!

mundiejc said...

Lauren wins.

Brandon loses.

Next please.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Justin...go argue on Phil's blog.

ACUMAN said...

BST - We also need to be asking, "What does Otter Creek need to do to get more kids to ACU??"
Jordo

mundiejc said...

If you'd said Larry James blog that would have been funny. ;)

I wanted to start an argument, but Lauren took care of it for me, so all I could do was keep score.