Sunday, May 13, 2007

Crazy week. Been trying to get stuff done that I put off til after Pepperdine. Kyler comes this week (yay!), it's time for ZOE to get into the studio, the Orlando ZOE conference is just weeks away, and I worked a little with the new cast from Norwegian Cruise Line's "Majesty" ship in my off time.

We had an awesome life group tonight. We talked and prayed and then sat outside around a campfire. It was one of the most relaxing and fun nights I've had in a while.

Sheryl's cousin, our "Kiki", is getting married to Kevin Penna in a few weeks. She's living with us til then so we're getting to have some fun times with her and also with Kevin. She had her bridal portrait yesterday. It was madness around here!

Today we pay tribute to our mothers...


My mom absolutely rocks. She's funny, smart, caring, interested in people and in all kinds of new things. She is rarely bored, but often disciplined to be quiet. She struggles to get around, but she's one of the most active people I know. She is witty, yet wise. She's direct, yet sensitive. She's a great mom and a wonderful grandmother. I LOVE that she lives here and that my kids think it's the biggest treat in the world to go to her house. What a blessing she is!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!! I love you!

3 comments:

judy thomas said...

Thank you, Babe. I love you too--one of the greatest gifts to mothers is to have their children turn out like you.

pawatson said...

That's a great tribute to your Mom. It is fun when our kids get to live near their fun grandparents. When I first saw you mention Kevin Penna, I had to check with my sister - I knew there couldn't be too many Pennas in Nashville - and sure enough, that is my brother-in-law's nephew. Small world!

Stephen Bailey said...

Can you believe how blessed we are in the mother department? Seriously, it is overwhelming! The support, the love, the sense of humor, the love of reading and learning...Miss Judy and Rose have all those things in common. Of course the proof is in the pudding. Look at the wonderful sons they raised ;)