Wednesday, May 16, 2007


Last night was American Idol night! Brian, Nathan and David came over...along with Lauren and Deidre. We had a great time. Friends bring such joy to my life! I learned a lot about having friends from watching my parents. They have enjoyed many long term friendships through joyous and difficult seasons. I have several sets of second parents as a result. What a blessing!

Monday night we had some special guests stay with us on their way through. Lori Holland (Shane's wife--an ACU buddy) and their three kids stayed with us. As Lori and Sheryl talked downstairs, I laid on the floor in the playroom where the kids were bedded down on their pallets and told them stories of their father. I told them about how we acted crazy and some of the dumb things we did. I also told them about how i would go lay on his dorm room floor and we'd listen to worship songs and talk about God as we were both on a journey to go deeper in our faith. It was a really sweet night. The kids ate it up. I always loved hearing stories about my parents too!

Then this morning I got to visit a bit with Stephen on the way to work. It just reminds me that part of the mystery of faith and community is woven into our lives in the form of relationship. Relationships reflect who God is. I really believe that. I'm so blessed to have friends who love me and care for me. I'm feeling thankful today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pic...your photographer must be awesome! Glad you got to talk to Stephen this morning. Hi Stephen! Have a good day...love you friend.

Stephen Bailey said...

Hey Lauren! I'm glad we can use BST's comments section to communicate. How the heck are you? Hope things are going well in your world. Have a great summer! FAFF! LYLAS!