Thursday, May 10, 2007

couple of things today...

I was thinking last night about the statement, "All's fair in love and war." Isn't that such a weird and ironic statement? I know the point is that basically engaging in love or war means most normal rules go out the window. But, it seems ironic to me because if ever things weren't "fair"...it's usually in love, or war. As Forrest Gump would say, "That's all I have to say about that."

---------

American Idol...I wasn't surprised. I was relieved that Blake didn't get the boot. In my opinion, next week's results show will be way more interesting than the finale.

---------

Sam is so hilarious right now. Every day it's a new phrase or look. Last night I taught him to bump my fist with his fist and say, "YEAH, babyyyyyy!" I love to watch them develop and grow.

4 comments:

Drew Battistelli said...

i'm liking these short thought posts from you.

Karen said...

I can't say I was surprised at AI's results last night, either. I was holding my breath, though.... I wonder how close it was? Blake is just such an original.

But I think I really want Jordin to win. I love Melinda, but regardless of whether she wins or not, her career will take off.

Clarissa said...

I wonder how Jordin's parents are feeling? She keeps on a good face, but what a lot of pressure. They looked stressed Wednesday. Due to the toll of the Wednesday night ups-and-downson their little girl? Or to deep-seated hopes of her winning?

My daughter has recently decided she wants to go to Hollywood. If anyone has the discipline, drive, and talent to succeed in that arena, be a positive influence, and retain her faith, Julianne does.
I know she's not yet ten, but her time with us is half-gone. I'm not sure what I would feel if she ever actually tried to make a life in show business. But We've toldher if she made that decision we'd support her and encourage her, and that every corner of the world needs Jesus' love. It's made for interesting conversation, about how much Hollywood, movies and media influence what the world believes.

Maybe I should write on my own blog instead of youre!

Christy said...

Next time you see Christian ask him for a bump--my sister taught him last week:)