Friday, December 30, 2005

My favorite things about 2005--

1. Hearing the words, "It's a boy!!" and meeting Sam, my son!

2. Watching Maddie and Ella grow...and seeing Ella start pre-school

3. Enjoying life and love with Sheryl

4. Skiing Steamboat Springs and sitting in a hot tub watching snow fall like rain all around us.

5. Finding out that Otter Creek has bought a new building

6. Having my mom here and watching the kids around her.

7. Nanny and Abba-ba's Nashville visit.

8. The fall ZOE conference--maybe my all time favorite ZOE conference.

9. Otter's hiring of Doug Sanders and all he's helped bring to our staff.

10. My trip to Abilene to judge Film Fest--which turned into a weekend of fun with Stephen and Craig.

11. Life Group

12. Kirkpatrick Elementary, Mr. Adam's 4th grade class, and Kenneth and DeQuan

13. 4th of July fireworks in Smyrna (reminiscent of old Abilene days)

14. Cathy Rigby in "Peter Pan" at TPAC. Watching the wonder in our girls' faces as they watched.

15. Hearing Stephen say, "We're pregnant!"

16. Jason and Alisha's wedding and Amanda and Geof's wedding

So many wonderful memories made in 2005. It seems like such a full year! It was about 100% better than 2004. I'm thankful for family and friends. I'm thankful for the gift of music and worship. I'm thankful for the beautiful smiles I see every day on my kids' faces. I'm thankful for faith and the Spirit of God who reminds me every single day that He's alive and well. It seems even on days I don't want to believe, He intersects my path in ways that I could never deny. I'm thankful for another year at Otter Creek and for God allowing me to do what I feel passionate about.

Happy New Year, Blog Family!! May God make His face to shine upon you.

9 comments:

CL said...

Through allowing God to use your gifts, you also have been used to highlight '05 for many of us through the power of Christ. God bless you my brother!

Craig said...

How come I am #10?

Stephen Bailey said...

Good list BST. I'll break it to Fish:
You're LUCKY to be #10 you no Nashville visiting loser!
Oh, and happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

??

Katherine said...

Happy New Year!! It looks like my trip to Nashville will be postponed...Passion tour is full and I could not get anyone to go with me on the LONG drive...I guess I could've kidnapped your friend Craig and brought him along...ha ha

Be blessed!!

Unknown said...

why did I not make the list? I am deeply offended.

p.s. knowing that you are laughing out loud right now..........I'm wondering if all of your 5 million blog readers who don't know me think that I really am really serious....

Malia said...

Chris,
R U serious????
Brandon has 5 million blog readers?!?! WOW!

SG said...

A week without a BST blog is just too long!

Malia said...

I think they went South to see the famous mouse...but I could be wrong...