Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Rehearsal went well last night. We're just all trying to stay well and keep our voices at this point. Below are some shots from the week.


Reco and Trayce practice "Everything to Me" with the praise team in the portable. They all sound incredible on it.








We've been busy preparing the sanctuary. Karen Speake painted these awesome banners that were hung last week.













Last night after rehearsal Kyle climbed up on the ladder that I refuse to even touch to help get the drapes hung. It was such a blessing to have the help!












with the back lighting, the drapes end up looking really cool--here's a shot from 2 years ago.




Here's a picture of the full group from 2 years ago.









I was so thrilled that Sheryl and the kids joined me at Kirkpatrick Elementary today. We had made and frosted over 50 cookies on Monday for the kids in Mr. Adam's 4th grade class. The girls were excited to give them to the kids. When we got there all the kids greeted me with Christmas cards they had made and written in. It was SO AWESOME! I'll have to try and scan some after Christmas. (One 4th grade girl went over to Sheryl and remarked about our kids, "They look like they daddy!" I would agree.) We had a blast. I read The Polar Express to them complete with the jingle bell, thanks to Mom. We also sang a bunch of Christmas songs. When is the last time you sang "The 12 Days of Christmas"?? I got lost around #9 and it came to a screeching halt. After Kirkpatrick, Maddie and Sam went home with Mommy and Ella and I had a "Daddy date" and went to lunch. It was fun. My sweet Ella Bella. She is such a joy!

Have a great afternoon, blog family.

6 comments:

Drew Battistelli said...

Would Karen Speake be interested in sharing her gifts and make some extra money by doing so?

Jacinda said...

I'll say again that I think it's so wonderful that you've adopted this elementary school class. You may be the only positive male role model some of these kids have.

Malia said...

David and Sweetpea sometimes have "Daddy-Daughter Doughnut Den Dates" on Saturday mornings. Now how's that for alliteration?

julie said...

I love hearing about your time with your class at Kirkpatrick. I know that God's Spirit spills over onto those kids from you...and I am sure that there is some Spirit-spilling going on also from those kids to you. Every time that you make eye contact with those kids you are impacting their lives...every moment that you give them your full attention it gives them a little glimpse of who they are and who God intends them to be.
The artwork that Karen Speak has created is amazingly wonderful. What a gift! So beautiful!

Jana said...

Personally, I think Ella is a dead ringer for her momma...

Tim said...

Hey cool! I went to school with Reco at Cascade College (while he was there) and then bumped into him again when I was touring with Acappella and Kenosis. I'm glad to hear he's still blessing the world with his amazing God-given voice.