Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The show was really so much better Sunday night. It was truly enjoyable. I'm glad it's over though.

I took a vacation day today. It was needed. This morning we closed on refinancing our home to a new interest rate. YEA! This afternoon I went to TWO movies.

King Kong--2 words...long and scary. Seriously, it really scared me. Creepy crawly things and gorillas and women on very tall things---I AM VERY AFRAID OF HIEGHTS. It was good--all 3 hours of it.

The Family Stone--simply awesome. I loved this movie. I could tell where it was going in the beginning and already started tearing up. It hit a little too close to home for me. I seriously laughed out loud a lot and then ended up using 2 napkins to dry my face from crying. It's worth the price of the ticket, in my opinion. I have always been a huge Luke Wilson fan. It's one of my favorites of his.

Tonight was Christmas with Katey who's driving to Abilene tomorrow. She's a part of the fam and we love her. Safe travels, Katey! She bought the girls recorders (remember elementary school music class?). We're going to tell them they can only play them at her house. :)

Back to work tomorrow. I'm squeezing a full work week into one day. It's a busy one. Then rehearsal tomorrow night for the Radio City thing on Thursday. We're all excited. Maddie keeps telling people we're going to see the "Rockets" (Rockettes). They'll love the show.

Blessings to all--

7 comments:

Drew Battistelli said...

you should start a recorder choir!!!!

The Creek's Squeaky Geeks....

no offense to your girls; i just always thought recorders were geeky...

Maybe they can do a latenight at ZOE?

Phil said...

So is King Kong worth seeing?

btw, if people are interested, you can read about the Christmas show from the perspective of being behind the sound board at my blog.

Beaner said...

OK - I have a King Kong story: My kids (ages 4 & 6) have seen Harry Potter 1-3, ALL of the Star Wars movies, and ALL of the Lord of the Rings movies & were not scared. The other day the ORIGINAL King Kong was on TV - you know the one that was made in the 1930's & looks SOOOO cheesy? BOTH of my kids have been scared out of their pants ever since. What's up with THAT????

Katey said...

Well my biggest fear as a middle child with only brothers (until I was 16)- I'm just glad the girls didn't realize last night that they are good weapons too. That's really what I was the most worried about. And Ella still is humming into it- you're safe until she figures out that just playing it right makes it louder. Enjoy! :) Love you guys!

Stephen Bailey said...

Family Stone hit close to home for Steph too. Usually at movies like that I'm crying and she's making fun of me. All it took was being 8 months pregnant, both of her parents going through health issues and not being able to go home for Christmas for the tables to be turned. Okay, I didn't really make fun of her.
I too am a fan of the Wilson brothers (good Texas boys). Luke was great in this. I thought the character studies were all interesting. Not the least of which included the brother with the most interesting trifecta - deaf, gay and in a relationship with an African-American. I can hear the writer now, "Come on, give me something to work with here!"
Now, get beak to work BST!

Stephen Bailey said...

Or BACK to work, whichever you prefer.

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to Steve Dale?