Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Misty Watercolor...Ponies

Yesterday at Ella's soccer practice I visited with Wayne Watson whose grandson is on Ella's team. Wayne was a big Christian artist back in the day. One of his legendary songs is called "Watercolor Ponies". It was written about his son (Neil) and how quickly time passes. The watercolor ponies were painted by Neil...whose son is on Ella's soccer team. The end of that song is rather depressing as the writer laments that one day those ponies will run away and his son will be grown. I guess time does march on!

I am headed to Acapulco today to board the Celebrity Infinity. I will be doing work with the cast out there until next week when I'll fly to Los Angeles to meet my family and the other ZOE's for our few days at Pepperdine.

Hope to see some of you out there!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

How fun-I remember that song! How crazy that he is a grandfather now.

I loved American Idol last night-go David Cook!! :)

Blessings on all of your travels~

Phil said...

That is so weird. I was just thinking about Wayne Watson and his song "Home Free" yesterday.

MichaelPolutta said...

I have a couple Wayne Watson albums from "back in the day" too. Soaring tenor voice.

It messes with me that he is a grandfather too. I did not think he was that much older than I.