Thursday, January 10, 2008

What Can "Brown" Do For You?

Tomorrow I have an all day company meeting where we will talk about upcoming projects this year. There are a lot of things coming. It will help us all know how to help each other.

Today we auditioned a couple of people for ships. They did well. It was a frstrating day after spending 3 hours at a Sprint store (actually TWO Spring stores). Bless them. It must really be rocket science because I don't know many other things that seem so hard as changing out a cell phone. I have to say, it's one of my least favorite places to go.

Tomorrow afternoon I fly to Midland, TX. I'll be staying with Tod and LeeAnn Brown and their family. LeeAnn is Stephen's sister (and if you don't know who Stephen is, you either don't read this blog often or don't know me very well! :)) It will be the first time I've been to Midland since I was there last summer for Connor's funeral (Tod and LeeAnn's son who was killed tragically in an auto accident.) It will be good to see them in person and look into their eyes and see how they're doing.

But, truth be known, even in painful times the Browns are life-giving people. Tod has been a hero of mine for years and LeeAnn is a big sister to me. I just really can't wait to see them as well as Alan and Holly Brown, Tricia and Ben Wall, the Bracks, Marc, and so many others.

Hope to see some of you in Midland! (Fish...you comin?)

No comments: