Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Midland, TX

I had an amazing trip last weekend to the West Texas desert. Sometimes in the desert you end up finding and oasis. That's exactly what I found at Golf Course Rd. I was excited to see Tod and LeeAnn (and Bailey, Hutton and Reagan). I knew my time with them would be renewing and refilling. I knew it would be nice seeing old friends and catching up. I anticipated the worship time being a blast with Kevin and Iris. I just didn't know how much of a blessing the weekend would end up being.

From start to finish, the Browns, Riggs, Whites and others showed me the most amazing hospitality. I felt so encouraged and blessed by getting to be with them. I got to eat some AWESOME Mexican food and one of the best steaks I've ever had. But the real food came Spiritually. That church family blessed me richly by pouing into my life last weekend. It was such a wonderful and suprising gift.

Saturday I met with their worship teams and we did some work together. Sunday I led worship for both servces and then that afternoon did a praise time in their new rotunda (or as they like to joke..."rotundra"). That worship time was really amazing. The acoustics are out of this world, yes. But-the Spirit showed up that afternoon. Wow. I am still floating from the experience.

I am so grateful to all of the Browns for their warmth and hospitality. They were all such a blessing.

Meanwhile, back in Nashville, things are crazy. Some of the staff left today for the London auditions. We've been working like crazy to get contracts out to singers and dancers and all before the real busy time hits in two weeks when the rehearsal process begins for our first Spring ship.

I hope you're all doing well...and if you're reading from Midland/Odessa, thanks again for being such a blessing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon, I don't know if you will remember me, but Tod introduced us at the worship time on Sunday afternoon. I just wanted you to know that it was truly a blessing to have you here for out worship time at church and on Sunday afternoon. I have heard so much about you over the years from all of Lee Ann'sfamily and from Tod and his. I feel like I know you from reading your blog as well. Too bad that the rest of your family could not have come because I would have loved to meet them as well.

I was blessed by yor leading of worship and of your sincerity of heart. What a tremendous loss for Otter Creek. I will pray for your family during this transition and once again, I thank you for coming to Midland. I now know why everyone here thinks that you are pretty amazing. Blessings, Melissa Kindel.

Stephen Bailey said...

Just a side note Brandon: I loves me some Melissa Kindel! I know you met a lot of people in Midland, so if you aren't sure who she is, just ask me. You want to know this soft hearted, incredible servant of God.

annie said...

I love Midland/Odessa. The people are as open as the prairie, imo. I'm envious of the congregation there getting input & worship time with you. I'd give anything for you to come to Pleasant Valley in LR & work with us, & have a special worship service with you leading. I think Jerome would love it too.

So looking forward to hearing Zoe again at Pepperdine. Until then, hope your new job goes great, & your family healthy & happy in the New Year.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Melissa-- THANK YOU!!! It was so awesome getting to meet you and put a face with the name. You are, as Stephen said, a soft hearted servant of God.

Annie--I would LOVE to. Just let me know when you're ready.

Stevie B-- Interesting text from Quile today. ???