Sunday, January 06, 2008

Little Chefs

Ella's birthday began with a family celebration on Friday. She didn't want a birthday cake (is this my child???). Instead she asked for "pupcakes" (cupcakes).

In her usual manner, Sheryl's genius was evident again today at Ella's birthday party. We did our own version of the "Little Chef" party. Sheryl made the chef hats and aprons. Each child rolled dough, spread tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni for their pizza and baked them in the oven.

After a viewing of Ratatouille, we took an intermission to make little cakes and
ice cream sundaes.


Emma, Hannah and Ella


Sydney, Jack, Emma, Ella and Maddie


The chefs are ready to cook!



Even Sam got in on the action!


FIVE candles!!

It was a great day. This morning we heard an intro to a series on Nehemiah that began with an overview of Ezra. It was almost tailor-made to where we are. What a blessing! Worship was awesome too!

Tonight we had dinner at Jeff and Anna Berry's. They are like family. What a gift! It doesn't get better than 4 friends on their knees together.

Tomorrow I begin my NEW JOB!! I will share more details tomorrow. God is so good.

3 comments:

Elizabeth S said...

What a great idea for a birthday! Sheryl is amazing, as I am sure you know ;) Blessings on your new job. Can't wait to hear how God is continuing to work in your life.

Thurman8er said...

I'm excited for you, bro, and so grateful that you'll still be here with ZOE.

I'm looking forward to catching up a bit in a few weeks.

Amy said...

Wow! Sheryl is amazing! But I guess you know that!! What a great idea for a party!

I noticed you'll be in Texas on the 10th... wish you were coming through DFW... the guys have a show in Fort Worth that night. Oh well, maybe someday we'll get to play in Nashville!