Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day by the pool...what could be better? Perhaps Memorial Day in the hospital? Nah. We enjoyed this beautiful day with Lea Brown, Trina, Kim Ewing, Kiki, my mom and the girls. The water was absolutely freezing, but we didn't care.

So far, no baby. No contractions. Nothing. Big, fat, nothing. (that was a descriptive adjective describing "nothing" not Sheryl.)

Speaking of Sheryl...she is out of control. She began a "While You Were Out" type project on a friend's house this weekend. She's redesigning and remodeling their kitchen--with the help of many others from church. I am telling you, not only is Sheryl a great friend to have, but the girl has energy running out her ears. Could this be a sign that the end is near??

For lunch today we had grilled burgers, hotdogs, chips, baked beans, and my mom's homemade banana pudding. Praise the Lord!

Do you ever have those weeks or days where you find yourself in a place of processing? That's where I currently am. I am processing a lot of things--spiritual, personal, physical. I know motivation will come but, presently, it's elusive. One thing I do know--I need to get off my rear and do some cardio tomorrow. Please continue to pray for Sheryl and baby Sam. If not before, he'll be here one week from today!!

4 comments:

Fajita said...

The more pregnant Gail got, the more things she wanted to do that she shouldn't have done, but did anyway and I couldn't stop her. Sam will save Sheryl :-)

Anonymous said...

That is a VERY good sign, taking on insane projects. I had my son a week after I decided to totally 'spring clean' the house three weeks before Christmas, all the while finishing shopping, decorating, and making many tasty confections to be frozen until after the birth. I'd say she's less than a week to go.

Joel said...

Cardio Shmardio. You need to eat a second a burger and say "Praise the Lord!" again!

I love you brother and will be praying for you.

Anytime Sheryl wants to come over and bust out our crib while I'm out is fine by me.

Phil said...

Processing is good, but it's what comes out of the processing and the actions based on it that really matter.