Saturday, June 28, 2008

NCL Spirit 2

My trip to the Spirit was great. Even though I was barely on board for 48 hours, I got to see one of their shows and had a nice visit with each cast member. Everyone seems to be doing really well. It's hard to believe we will begin rehearsing the new cast in about 2 weeks. I'll be back out there for their install the first of August.


Backstage before the show--Lindsey and Candice paused in their pre-setting of costumes for a quick photo

After the show we all got to visit and catch up. Becky, Jessica and Yana pictured here

As we sailed into NYC this morning we could see the Manhattan skyline and Lady Liberty. In my cab ride we passed Carnegie Hall and 5th Avenue. It was so tempting to want to "miss" my flight, but I'll be back in 5 weeks and will have a couple of stops in NYC and days to explore. It's been a while since I've been to the city and I love it!

We begin rehearsals for Smokey Joe's, The World Goes 'Round, and Shout on Monday. New York directors will be in and the cast will start on Tuesday. After an audition tour specifically for these shows to London, NYC, LA, Chicago, and Atlanta, we have a truly incredible cast coming and I am excited to see how this all comes together. It's a new chapter for us at GMC. I know it will be such a fun challenge.

But---better than any show, ship, city, food, or anything else is my family. Life with them is more than an adventure. It's a blast! Tonight we will continue our Saturday night family tradition---The Thomas family and the Penna Family (Kevin and Kiki) hang time. Woo-hooo!

No comments: