Sunday, April 01, 2007


This picture was taken last fall. L-R...Josh Ross, me, Luke Norsworthy. I love Josh and Luke. They have both blessed me. Today I want to tell you a little bit about Josh.

While Josh was at ACU, my mom was still living in Abilene. It was not uncommon for him to go over to her house with another good friend, Keith Rogers, and help my mom. They moved wood, changed light bulbs, visited, and basically made themselves available at other times when she needed something.

Josh is now a preacher in Houston. Every Sunday, without fail, I get a call about 9am. "Hey buddy, this is Josh...give 'em Jesus today." Most of the time, I only get to hear the message since I am usually working with the praise team then. But, when I see the call coming in, I always know. It is something that has really encouraged me. It's being community--family--to each other.

Allen French shared something with me last fall at ZOE about communion. He told me that some of his closest friends and he always take the cup from the center circle on the tray. This reminds them of the fellowship they share because of the blood of Jesus. I have been doing that ever since.

This morning as I took the cup, I thanked God for that fellowship He's given me with other followers all because of the blood of Jesus. It gives me an even deeper sense of gratitude for the cross. It reminds me that we are all on a journey together to try and walk like Jesus. What an adventure! Josh helps me on the journey. I'm really thankful for him.

7 comments:

Kizer said...

Both of the Ross brothers and Keith Rogers are awesome people. Keith was my youth minister for my senior year in high school. I give him partial credit for me joining GSP.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Jim--
You are right about the Ross brothers. Jonathan is also a great guy and a huge encouragement to me. I'm telling you--that family is awesome. I'm so glad to know them.

Unknown said...

Both Josh and Luke were huge blessings to me during college- there was at least one time that I literally woke up Josh in the middle of the night to pray with me, just because I knew he was someone who would be up for that kind of thing. Norsworthy really challenged me my Senior year to strive for what is was to be a christian man- over lots of protien smoothies. Funny. I didn't even know that you knew those guys that well. God is good, huh?

Josh said...

That has to be the story of the day! Thanks so much for sharing. It's amazing, to me, how many ways we acan be a blessing to those around us.

Thanks for the reminder!

Jonathan said...

BST,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Hope you are doing well!

Jim,

When are you coming to record again?

Bev Ross said...

I am a proud mother! God has so delighted me by raising up Godly men in spite of me! I thank Him every day! Thank you, Brandon, for the work you do serving Him and for noticing and encouraging others! Please give your precious mother my love.

Matt said...

Thanks for the update. I hadn't seen or heard a thing about Luke since 2000 at Harding.